Sign in to follow this  
jorel

4th Season of TOS

Jorel and Cawlevent;

I just visited your website and viewed the trailer and, in my opinion, IT ROCKED! I already have your site bookmarked in my favorite folders in anticipation of the December release of your first episode. I, for one, am completely behind you and all your castmates! I think it's great that somebody is providing us oldsters who miss TOS a chance to get a fix now and then. I also believe you deserve kudos for agreeing to accept story ideas and scripts from viewers. It hearkens back to the days when TOS was still in production and Gene Rodenberry did just that, until the lawyers ruined it for everybody involved. I don't think you'll be sued, and you all deserve a medal! I will be viewing and downloading as many episodes as you and your talented crew will grace us with. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

CJLP;

I know you were just trying to give these talented people a word of warning, but I'm sure they discussed all the legalities before undertaking a project of this magnitude. This project is obviously a labor of love, and the website as well as the trailer contain many disclaimers. I'm sure the episodes will, too. If you are worried about you yourself getting in trouble, might I suggest not visiting the website or downloading any episodes? You would be missing something wonderful, but you won't have any legal worries that way.

Sigh...

I can't believe this is going on this far.

Anyway if anyones interested in more fan films like New Voyages, you should check out these sites for other fan films. Like it was mentioned before, all these films are a labor of love and talent. Star Wars seems to be the reigning champ when it comes to fan films right now so you'll see a lot of those. Also Scifi held a contest not too long ago where George Lucas himself chose the best one....although I kind of question his taste because I that Wanobi was the best.

http://www.fanfilmxchange.com/ffx/films/index.htm

fanfilms.com

http://www.hiddenfrontier.org/

Edited by cyphrx

This looks like it will be awesome! If you ever need a Red Shirt from Virginia please let me know lol.

As for the other trivial discussion of Paramount suing, yes they could sue. But CJLP Jorel and the people doing this project could sue you for mental distress because you raised the specter of the possibility of a law suit. Would that law suit be successful? Likely not but they Could do it.

The way I see this whole thing is like this. We, Star Trek fans that do public things like this message board or the New Voyages or other things that are in no way for profit are helping Paramount make money. We are promoting their product in a way that no other show has ever been promoted. They, TPTB understand how important their fan base is to their success. Trying to equate this production with the illegal pirating of DVD's is totally off base. This production is a completely (I would assume) original production. No different then a local play at an outdoor theater. Could TPTB sue? Yes, by all means. Could they win? I don't know law, but I would believe this would fall under the same laws that allow other parodies. I don't believe Paramount would spend the money to snuff out such fan interest as this. It would do them more harm then it would good.

All of that said let me now join in the chorus of cheers for what I've seen. I only wish I had the ability to be involved in some way!

And Awesome job on the sets and costumes!

I have re-opened this topic. Please keep to the topic as we go forward.

If you wish to discuss copy rights, put those posts in "wht will TPTB..." thread.

Any further straying from the topic to snipe at these talented people will be deleted. No ifs, ands or buts!

Lessa

I applaud the efforts of these well-meaning fans. Their efforts will benefit children who require help- right in the vein of Star Trek. I thoroughly enjoyed the trailer which by the way sent waves of excitement up and down my spine in anticipation. Looks like you are having a lot of fun. Live the dream. :angry:

Just a quick note on the status of New Voyages, a quote from the web site and our director:

"With about 6 weeks until the release of the pilot episode, work continues at a furious pace around the "studio". This week, some of the cast and crew will be in and around the Los Angeles area, filming scenes for our SECOND EPISODE.

You read that right - we ARE beginning principle photography on the second episode on November 1st, at historic Vasquez Rocks - where many episodes of The Original Series were filmed.

For now, we're keeping the details under tight guard, but were sure to have some great photos to share within the next 2 weeks."

Vasquez Rocks really! Cool, maybe you can do a sequel ep for the Arena. Also just to let everyone know that's also where the Bad Us's threw the Good Us's off the cliff in Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey (The sequel to excellent adventure.)

Stardate:213830.9

Oh wow i just checked out your site and the trailer and im speechless.I salute you and your friends on your prodject.Very cool man very cool indeed.Definitly looking forward to the episodes!!!!!!!!

Unlike SOME people :cough cough:count me in with the group thats behind you all the way!!!!!

Awsome man just awsome is all i can say!!!WOW :laugh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick update on New Voyages...

The past two days found cast and crew filming scenes for the next episode near LA. Locations included Vasquez Rocks and the entrance to the "Bat Cave" from the 60's Batman TV series. (Hey, we're not just Trek fans... and I'm jealous as hell that I couldn't be there to play!!!)

Today some new surprise guest stars are lending their talents to the project, but I don't have the authority to tell you exactly who ... But, trust me, you're gonna love it!!!...

I think its still "monkey rasians!". I was told to give you a change. All I will say I hope you got permission from Mr. Berman.

Just a quick note on the status of New Voyages, a quote from the web site and our director:

"With about 6 weeks until the release of the pilot episode, work continues at a furious pace around the "studio".  This week, some of the cast and crew will be in and around the Los Angeles area, filming scenes for our SECOND EPISODE

You read that right - we ARE beginning principle photography on the second episode on November 1st, at historic Vasquez Rocks -  where many episodes of The Original Series were filmed.

For now, we're keeping the details under tight guard, but were sure to have some great photos to share within the next 2 weeks."

:blink: Can't wait! "Vasquez Rocks" :thumbs: That is so cool! :bow: I'm speechlees...

"With about 6 weeks until the release of the pilot episode, work continues at a furious pace around the "studio".  This week, some of the cast and crew will be in and around the Los Angeles area, filming scenes for our SECOND EPISODE

You read that right - we ARE beginning principle photography on the second episode on November 1st, at historic Vasquez Rocks -  where many episodes of The Original Series were filmed.

:thumbs: Can't wait! "Vasquez Rocks" :blink: That is so cool! :bow: I'm speechlees...

To all of you out there being so nice, here's a little snippet of the next project... Well, not actually of the episode, but of our "Kirk" at Vasquez rocks during filming of the next eppisode.

vas.jpg

Lots of exciting things happened inthe past few weeks while the crew was in LA... Just wait until we/I can tell you... You're gonna flip! :bow:

A picture is worth a thousand words! I'm already flipping out but seeing those rocks again, wow! Standing by for further transmissions...

Greetings! Just letting everyone know that "NEW VOYAGES" will debut on the 27th of December! with a couple of terrific surprises in store for all! thanks for all the positive buzz, and as we used to say in the 70's "KEEP ON TREKKIN'!"

BEST,

James

NEW VOYAGES

:) Can't wait! "Vasquez Rocks" <_< That is so cool! :) I'm speechlees...

To all of you out there being so nice, here's a little snippet of the next project... Well, not actually of the episode, but of our "Kirk" at Vasquez rocks during filming of the next eppisode.

vas.jpg

Lots of exciting things happened inthe past few weeks while the crew was in LA... Just wait until we/I can tell you... You're gonna flip! :blink:

OOOOoooo. That's the rock-place from ROSWELL, where the Pod Chamber was hidden, and where the gang would have their secret meetings. B)

While filming pickup shots yesterday New Voyages had a unexpected visitor...

v.jpg

(James Cawley, B9 & Jack Marshall)

Edited by jorel

Well, filming officially wrapped Sunday night! It was another incredible weekend with some of the most fun and talented people I've ever met!

We got to see the trailer (and teaser to the episode) on a 27 inch TV... FREAKING INCREDIBLE!

My personal thanks to :( James, :( Jack, :bow: Pearl, :bow: Jerry :bow: (finally got to meet you!) and the entire cast, crew, "secret assistants" ... anyone who has been involved in helping this come to life.

Fair warning: :( While watching the teaser one of the cast (I won't mention names) was heard to whimper, "I'm going to need new pants...." You may want to have a spare pair handy in case you have a similar reaction. :(

To the masses out there who are waiting with baited breath, I honestly believe you are going to be very pleased.

To any nay-sayers.... Well, lets just hope they give it a chance and I'm willing to bet we see some changes in opinions.

Mark your calendars! December 27, 2003 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WE ALL GET TO SEE THE FIRST EPISODE OF NEW VOYAGES!!! :dude:

Jorel, the teaser and trailer you're referring to..are they new ones? Are they available for viewing on your web site?

The trailer we saw on the 27 inch TV is the one currently available on the website only in a much larger resolution.

The teaser was a present to the cast and crew so they could get an idea of how things were shaping up for the full episode.

The teaser you will have to wait for... But, it's going to be worth the wait!

Hey everyone! We have just announced OUR SPECIAL GUEST STARS at our website, go check it out!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK YOU WILL BE PLEASED AND SURPRISED!!!!!!!

Best,

James

"NEW VOYAGES" :(

:( OMG! Talk about some exciting guest stars! Eddie Paskey and John Winston are coming back to Trek..Awesome!!!

The relase date has been pushed back due to concerns of bandwidth. If anyone can be of assistance in providing or finding mirror sites from which the episode could be downloaded, please email fanrelations@yearmission.com.

Here is the direct quote from our "News" page:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A House of cards . . .

-Posted by Jack Marshall @ December 20th 2003 4PM EST

We just finished watching the completed episode - It's amazing that after seeing this footage day in and day out for several months that I can still detach myself from the episode and enjoy it as a fan. I hope that once we're ready to release the show, you'll have as much fun with it as we have.

At this time, we've decided to push the release date back 2 weeks to January 17th, 2004. We're going to use the extra time to locate more server space - as it is now, only a few hundred people would be able to download the episode during the first week. Considering we're getting over ten thousand web hits a day, we feel that to be fair, we need to increase our bandwidth extensively. While we search for options, if there is anyone out there who could mirror the episode for us, please contact fanrelations@5yearmission.com.

I know that this will come as a disappointment to everyone who has been waiting so patiently, but I assure you, when the time comes, you'll see that after 35 years (and three more weeks) STAR TREK HAS RETURNED!!

So as not to completely ruin your holidays, there will be SOMETHING new and special released on the 27th in the multimedia section. Additionally, we are working on a "soundtrack" for the episode. This will not be the songs themselves, but a list of the music used, in the correct order as cued in the show. Finally, we'll be announcing details of the DVD Special Edition of the episode after the first of the year and how you can obtain a copy.

Have a great Holiday season - spend it with those you love - I know I am :laugh:

Edited by jorel

I just checked the website. Although they have a new trailer up (it rocks), now we have to wait until Jan 17th to view the first episode!!! YOU GUYS ARE DRIVING ME NUTS!!! I WANT MY OLD SCHOOL TREK!!

What's with "Kirk's" hair? he looks more like elvis. :lol: Really I can't wait to see the final product. :)

Edited by SpaceHippie

Less than 6 days until we release New Voyages

Sounds cool, hope you have a huge pipe! I'm on 56K here, can't afford broadband. Do you plan to make a VCD or DVD of the show available?