Sign in to follow this  
Voyager recruit

A New Salmonilla Alert

I just heard tonight on the news, that a salmonilla outbreak has occured, so be careful, all...this time, in pistachhio nuts. Don't know if any of you, or yours, eat them, but I thought, no harm in letting my friends here at stf be aware, in the event you have not heard, or may not otherwise. If this is an issue, suggest keeping an ear for your tv, or perhaps go to the FDA website etc., if further info required. Peace.

No problemo. I just caught half of some report, probably related, on the nat'l news tonight-don't know about any progress re my salmonilla post here, but, the reporter pointed out the complexities of the industrial mass-production of our food supply, as opposed to as it once was, when people in the states got their food-before processed products-either from their own garden, or from the local farmers. This is a very important concern these days, always is. The government has to take a significant burden of responsibility-Americans have that right to safe food-but corporations need to police themselves better, and take every precaution-as I know most probably do-to make sure what we eat is safe. But, at the end of the day, all any of us can really do, is live our lives, and, within reason, trust what we purchase. But thank goodness, for those government or private, if they be, groups who do look out for our health.

Yes and it has hit the SE, as a friend came down with poisoning and now is in the hospital. With sample from his home and stomach contents the doctors found out threw test of both that it is salmonella Poisoning. As of today he is doing ok and resting in the hospital.