Sign in to follow this  
trekbabe

Nemesis

Here's a controversial one for my first post in the new forum.......... What did you all think of Nemesis then?

I for one was not very enamoured with it. Apart from nice little touches like Data,oops, i mean B4 humming the tune at the end and Picards knowing grin that is. The storyline was potentially mindblowing

but i felt not enough attention to trek details spoilt it for me.Lacking in the star trek spirit is the best way i've heard it described.

Here's a controversial one for my first post in the new forum.......... What did you all think of Nemesis then?

I for one was not very enamoured with it. Apart from nice little touches like Data,oops, i mean B4 humming the tune at the end and Picards knowing grin that is. The storyline was potentially mindblowing

but i felt not enough attention to trek details spoilt it for me.Lacking in the star trek spirit is the best way i've heard it described.

I liked most of the movie as a movie, but it had more of a Star Wars "feel" to it at times.

That and I hated the end. But other then that I liked it as a movie.

I'd have to agree. I thought the movie was good for a non-Star Trek movie but it wasn't that great for a Star Trek movie. I agree with the lacking of Star Trek spirit. I didn't think that enough attention was shown towards the character's personalities. They all felt wrong. Well, that's all I have to say for now.

I thought the movie was pretty good but yes it did need to be somewhat "expanded".

Just a minor observation that maybe some of my fellow "male chauvinists" out there picked up:-

Did you notice that when the Enterprise 'D' crashed onto that planet and when the 'E' crashed into the Scimitar, Deanna was at the helm both times!

Please forgive me Lauren.

V.C.

the DVD is going to have deleted scenes so i think it will make more sense to people, and more true to the stuff that leaked out before it's release

Nemesis DVD news

I thought maybe i would like the DVD better. However I was reading STM and Berman said the first DVD will be flat format. Later they will bring out the all singing all dancing one. He then went on to say that they are not sure about a directors cut DVD as neither he or Stuart Baird are fond of them. I say it doesn't matter what they like,it's what we the fans want that matters.

I thought the movie was pretty good but yes it did need to be somewhat "expanded".

Just a minor observation that maybe some of my fellow "male chauvinists" out there picked up:-

Did you notice that when the Enterprise 'D' crashed onto that planet and when the 'E' crashed into the Scimitar, Deanna was at the helm both times!

Please forgive me Lauren.

V.C.

LOL i am going to use a McCoy Line

Shes a Councelor not a Pilot!!..hehe

But then again Deanna was Only following RIKER and PICARDS orders...

ok i give up yeah she can't pilot anything.. hehe

-Lauren :D

the DVD is going to have deleted scenes so i think it will make more sense to people, and more true to the stuff that leaked out before it's release

Nemesis DVD news

I thought maybe i would like the DVD better. However I was reading STM and Berman said the first DVD will be flat format. Later they will bring out the all singing all dancing one. He then went on to say that they are not sure about a directors cut DVD as neither he or Stuart Baird are fond of them. I say it doesn't matter what they like,it's what we the fans want that matters.

i was hoping that they would release a 2-disc special edition just like the others right when it came out. i dont want to wait.

The Producers are sooooo stupid.. Rick Berman and the other guys.. their not thinking of the fans there only thinking of making money...

-Laur :D

Absolutely right !! I really don't think our opinion matters to them at all, in fact i know it doesn't. As you say, it's all about making money,which is fair enough as it is a franchise,but ST fans are a special and very loyal kind of fan. This is sometimes taken for granted. Dumber(Berman, Braga being Dumb), I feel, thinks we will swallow anything as long as it has a star trek prefix and that annoys me.

If anything Ruins Star Trek its Berman and Brega!!

-Laur :)

Agreed. Although Enterprise is growing on me D&D are going for the lot's of eye candy,don't worry too much about the storyline culture of today,and that's not what ST is about. Having said that Trip Tucker is SOME eye candy.WHOAHHH !! :D

they are doing the same thing every movie company does though. they release the standard dvd and then a while later the special edition dvd. the one i was happy about was lotr because they told us that there was an extended edition to be released.

they are doing the same thing every movie company does though. they release the standard dvd and then a while later the special edition dvd. the one i was happy about was lotr because they told us that there was an extended edition to be released.

yeah and i like how Peter Jackson integrated the extra footage into the movie itself, rather than just sticking them in the DVD.

This is Stupid.. i really think that they didn;t put much effort into this movie because there are SO meny mistakes.. like clearly they could have been fixed if they actually paid attention.. like they MADE this show we just watch it and were the ones noticeing all these 'mishaps' someone please knock some sence into them..

-Laur :D