Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The NHL folding?

I was watching ESPN tonight and they were talking about the NHL. They were discussing the possibility that it may not exist for much longer. I don't follow Hockey at all, I don't even watch the highlights on the sports so I know nothing about the state of the league. So to the NHL fans out here, what do you know about this? Is it a real possibility or just talk?

it wouldn't really be folding but the current collective bargaining agreement of the NHL expires at the end of this year, so there could be a work stoppage, like the one MLB avoided last year. If it drags on maybe a chance of folding, but very very slim. I have a feeling that they will manage to get something done, I mean if baseball could do it, anyone can.

it wouldn't really be folding but the current collective bargaining agreement of the NHL expires at the end of this year, so there could be a work stoppage, like the one MLB avoided last year. If it drags on maybe a chance of folding, but very very slim. I have a feeling that they will manage to get something done, I mean if baseball could do it, anyone can.

Major League Baseball has a much larger fan base and makes much,much more money though,so I'm not certain a work stoppage wouldn't hurt the NHL worse than it did MLB.I don't believe the NHL will fold,but you never know. ;)

The NHL isn't going anywhere.Historically it has been one of the most stable professional sports orginizations in north america.I wouldn't put much stock in what the ESPN sports commentators were saying.Its just talk.

team29.jpg

Edited by therabidirishman

I haven't heard anything about the NHL folding.That would be terrible!I love hockey.My parents split-up when I was very young,and I used to spend 6-months with each of them,every year (I hated that,changing schools and everything)...

but my mom lived in West Covina,CA and I started going to WCHL Condor's games with my friend and his father.That's what got me into hockey.Especially since,the Condors had a black defensemen.Man,that blew my mind,seeing a brother on the ice.But he was good! B)

I want to catch a few Coyotes games this year.Should be fun.