Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The greatness that is TOS

I've been watching TOS on NetFlix for a couple days, they have the full first season available to watch online (the remastered versions) and watching them just makes me remember why Star Trek is so great. I really do like the updated graphics too.

The remastered versions are awesome! I just started watching Season 3 of the remasters. You really have to pay attention to catch all of the new stuff they put on there!

Trek remastered? As one who was breathing when TOS first hit thesyndication route-andquite a while before-I say two thmbs WAY up!(Unless you're a Tholian) to the folks who retooled that series always close to my heart. And in no way, do I see it as 'messing with' Gene's first product. As with George Lucas, who tweaked SW later on, he would have loved to have been possessing the sort of fx capabilities of today. And the wholly new 1701 or other sequences...fan-tastic! I don't have the dvds, but I avidly followed the aired eps last year, wich are still on in repeat in my market. Tos just keeps on trekkin'!

I just finished watching the remastered Galileo Seven a few days ago and that scene was beautiful. I called someone into where I was just so they could see that scene. Very impressive! I really do enjoy the new remastered series.

YEah, that scene was very impressive and the way they did it... making the new graphics blend in with the rest of the show was pretty seamless. I've seen every episode of TOS so many times over the last 35+ years though that I know right away what's new and what the original footage looked like. Still though, it's really refreshing and makes the episodes seem almost new.

I have those screencaps too-along with other AWESOME fx shots from TOS. I wish I had the cash to print and frame every one of them-and the room. They do look fantastic on my desktop screen, though.

Are these the same remastered episodes that are available on ITunes?

I'm not sure what ITunes has but as far as I know they have only been remastered once. So if ITunes has "Remastered" Star Trek then they are most likely the same.