Sign in to follow this  
Goose

ALDS Game 5 Red Sox VS Oakland WHAT A GAME!

Stardate:213764.9

I just got into my room about 15 minutes ago and hopefully i can get this posted cause for some reason the battery on my laptop isnt holding a charge.

I'm putting this in a spoiler cause it's long

Click for Spoiler:

The first 5 innings of the game were mostly uneventful so ill skip to the exciting stuff

The game was tied at 1-1 in the 6th and Mammy Rameriz walked up with 2 on.I was sitting in this section next to the left field foul pole amonst alot of other Red Sox fan.Zito threw about 6 pitches and the 6th one was heading my way.Mammy hit it and all i saw was the ball take flight and we all knew it was gone.Mammy pointed and started walking.The croud exploded!!!!!!!!!My ears are still ringing.

Then the collision happened.

A ball was hit in the inner outfield and Damiand Jackson and Johnny Damon both ran after it.Both players jumped at the same time and there heads collided really hard and they both went down.The stadium went quiet.Neither was moving.The first thing i thought was "OMG its the curse of the babe :drool: "We all sat there and watched Damina Jackson get up.Johhny Damon wasnt moving. A few minutes later an abulance came out.They loaded him up.By that time he regained consessnece(sp?)and waved to the croud.Chris Singleton(of the Oakland A's)came over and gave him a hug(i think i couldnt really tell)I thought that was very classy and applauded it.The Ambulance left and play resumed

Oakland was able to get two back to make it 4-3.I could tell Pedro Martinez didnt have the concentration that he had before the collision.I dont blame him.

On to the bottom of the 9th.All i can say is WOW

Boston brought in a pitcher(not sure of his name couldnt tell)that did horrible.He walked the first two and got 1 to pop out.They took him out with 1 out and 2 on.Then they brought in the Ex Seattle Mariner Derek Lowe!!He struck out the first batter and walked the next.So Oakland had the bases loaded with 2 outs with Terrance Long Coming up.Basiclly it came down to this.Either Long gets a hit and Oakland wins or Lowe gets him out and Boston wins.

Derek threw the first pitch.A called Strike.Next pitch a ball.Next a foul,then another ball,then another foul.So they count was 2 balls and 2 strikes.

Then Derek Lowe threw the most beutiful pitch I have ever seen.It was a fastball that started inside and broke right over the inside of the plate and hit the black.Terrance Long could do nothing but watch it go by.I mean what could you do that pitch doesnt get any better than that.The Umpire threw his arm out and yelled STRIKE 3!!!

GAME OVER

That is a game i will never forget for the rest of my life

The Cubs broke the curse of the goat,the red sox will now try to break the curse of the babe.But today a new curse was established on the Oakland Athletics.The Curse of the Mariners.

Well,damn.... :lol:

Atlanta is out.I guess I'll pull for the Cubs.I'm a National League man.I'd never cheer for an AL ball club for any reason.So,go get 'em Cubs!

:drool:

Stardate:213767.9

Just curious but why dont you like AL teams????