Sign in to follow this  
Sara_Paris

The Happening

I thought it was great and the casting was impecable. Zooey Deschanel gives a brilliant yet subtle performance as Alma and Mark Wahlberg somehow injects humor when you need it most. The Happening cant possible measure up to Signs in regard to plot but it makes up for that in it's special effects wich left you with the type of shocking and halting images you cant help but revisit in your mind days after seeing them. I give the movie 4 out of 5 stars.

Edited by Sara_Paris

I know I'm one of the few, but I realy liked the Hapenning. I also realy like Zooey.

But I thought the movie was suspensful and I was on the edge of my seat

I was totally blown away until the revel of what exactly was happening.

That

Click for Spoiler:

the wind
was making people kill themselves is the craziest thing Night has yet done. Someone needs to take away his writing/directing licensee and burn it, imo.

Ok, sorry Sara but I thought the casting was the weakest part of the movie. Marky Mark just wasn't for that part. I liked the movie but I thought it could have been executed better.

That

Click for Spoiler:

the wind
was making people kill themselves is the craziest thing Night has yet done. Someone needs to take away his writing/directing licensee and burn it, imo.

I think it would have been better to do that after Signs.

I mean c'mon:

Click for Spoiler:

Aliens, who are allergic to water, attempting to conquer a planet whose surface is two-thirds water?

He's pretty much been a train wreck (at least critically, financial results are mixed) ever since Signs (The Village, Lady in the Water, The Happening). All of which have scored progressively worse on Rotten Tomatoes (43%, 24%, 19%, respectively).

I've never actually seen any of his movies because I generally don't care for horror movies and the trailers for his movies creep me out, so I'll give him that.

I know I'm one of the few, but I realy liked the Hapenning. I also realy like Zooey.

Thank you! Zooey is wonderful in everything! Although I'd heard bad reviews I was still excited to see this movie. I simply have faith in Shyamalan. I knew he would not disappoint me. He is always classy and intelligent when it comes to suspense and thriller. He's brilliant and underrated!

That

Click for Spoiler:

the wind

I think it would have been better to do that after Signs.

I mean c'mon:

Click for Spoiler:

Aliens, who are allergic to water, attempting to conquer a planet whose surface is two-thirds water?

He's pretty much been a train wreck (at least critically, financial results are mixed) ever since Signs (The Village, Lady in the Water, The Happening). All of which have scored progressively worse on Rotten Tomatoes (43%, 24%, 19%, respectively).

I've never actually seen any of his movies because I generally don't care for horror movies and the trailers for his movies creep me out, so I'll give him that.

I hated Signs for just that reason, I should have known but yeah, the trailer suckered me in.

And sorry Sara, nothing personal. We only disagree.

Oh no worries.

Signs is one of my favourite movies of all time. It has so many layers if you're willing to look beyond the surface. It's the story of a family who has suffered a great loss and of a man who lost his faith. The vapid expanse between hatred and forgiveness. Hate of man and hate of god. I just think the psychology is brilliant.

Thank you! Zooey is wonderful in everything! Although I'd heard bad reviews I was still excited to see this movie. I simply have faith in Shyamalan. I knew he would not disappoint me. He is always classy and intelligent when it comes to suspense and thriller. He's brilliant and underrated!

I was the same, I heard everyone bashing the movie and I still wanted to see it. I realy like his movies

I was the same, I heard everyone bashing the movie and I still wanted to see it. I realy like his movies

Yes

Yes

Yes I really like Shymalan too. I'm lookig forward his new movie.