Sign in to follow this  
cyphrx

Starship Exeter

Hey anyone check this fan film out yet? It's made in the traditional TOS fashion. It's really good check it out reminds me of the good old days when all the TOS episodes were new to me... :wow: B) :wow::wow:

STARSHIP EXETER

Yes, they could get sued, but I don't think it is too likely that it's audience will ignore real Star Trek in favour of it, because anyone who would watch fan fiction has to be pretty devoted to Star Trek itself; thus, paramount wont be likely to percieve it as a threat. Secondly, it doesn't use any actual footage from the shows which is a good thing for them. Unfortunately, they did use music and sounds from Star Trek which could cause them problems.

:laugh: Whoa...uhm,I thought I was having flashbacks.What a great TOS-style film.Hrmm,wish I could do something like this with my friends....oh,yeah,I only have one.Mister Tinkles,and I'm pretty sure he just feels sorry for me.....

:klingon:

I watched this early this morning.It was great!I wish I could be involved in a project like this one,or the 4th season of TOS.Even if I was only a redshirt,doomed to die.It would be fun.

I typed a few notes as watched...

Click for Spoiler:

Excellent set designs!

Having Godzilla be a background sound effect for a native lizard life form is sweet!

I also dug the "singing plants" audible. :bow:

:bow: A Klingon/Andor alliance!

:) What an excellent hook at the end of act two! B)

All the authentic sounds of Trek really draw you into it...

Killer weapons!

The "Andor" fight! :thumbs:

Excellent locations!

The Klingon "surrenders" ? :blink: Must be them ENT kind huh? :)

Not bad at all, it was fun.

7/10 rating (points off for the acting only)

I watched the show.I generally enjoyed it.It was the first new "old" Trek I've seen,ever.My only complaint was that the guy playing the Klingon wasn't a very convincing Klingon.Not just because of the surrender.I just didn't like his portrayal of a Klingon from his opening lines with Garrovick.Aside from that,it was terrific for a fan-produced film.

My favorites characters were the Andorian crewman and Captain Garrovick.I also liked seeing a subterranean Andorian civilization,and a giant carnivorous lizard. :thumbs:

It was not the first new "Old" Star Trek you've seen!Don't you remember the show I put on for you?Or does mimicking voices while I play with action figures not count? :thumbs: