Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Fairy Tale Wedding Ruined By Stampeding Horse

Fairy Tale Wedding Ruined by Stampeding Horse

Dec 15th 2008

By Emily McCombs

In fairy tales, animals are usually helpful and industrious and have surprisingly good tailoring skills, like Cinderella's mice. But Sophie Clarke's fairy tale wedding was ruined when a horse got freaked and bolted, leaving the couture bride a bloody, muddy mess in the road.

Sophie Clarke had been planning her glamorous dream wedding for three years and hired a traditional horse and carriage to transport her and her father to the church on the day of her nuptials. All was going well until the horse got spooked by oncoming traffic, and knocked off both the carriage driver and his assistant.

"The horse just became spooked and went out of control," the 29-year-old accountant told the London Telegraph. "The driver jumped off and suddenly my dad and I were on our own, careering in to the distance. "

Guests waited in vain at the church while the no-show bride was treated for a concussion and minor cuts and bruises at a local hospital.

Luckily, the banged-up betrothed was released later that day without any permanent damage. "Obviously I am upset that the wedding did not happen, but it has made me realize what is important. I just feel the luckiest girl alive to be sitting here and that we both got out safely," said Clarke.

Apparently, having her special day marred by an out-of-control steed made an impact on the bride-to-be. The couple originally planned to have a swank reception at a local hotel, but they now plan to marry sans frills (or farm animals) in a simple ceremony with just close friends and family.

Limos are so much nicer.....especially the 'stocked' ones........ :biggrin: