Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Return of Kronos

Ok, now that the election is over I've been giving some thought to Kronos and this is what I've done.

Kronos will now be back on the STF database, in reality the original Kronos never left but it was set to be inactive while the new Kronos was being used. I've reactivated the original Kronos here now.

So why can't you see it? Because Kronos is now an "Opt In" forum. What does that mean? It means that if you want access to Kronos with it's political and social and religious debates then all you have to do is PM me and "opt in". I'll activate Kronos on your account and you're all set. You can "opt out" at any time by PMing me again and I'll deactivate Kronos for you.

Having it activated will make all of the posts in Kronos (and the forum itself) visible to you, the new posts will once again show up in the New Posts section and any posts that you make in Kronos will once again count toward your STF post count. If you later decide to opt out, those previous posts that you made will still count toward your post count but since you would have "opted out" you would no longer see that forum or any of it's posts.

The "Opt in" and "Opt out" option is basically the same as using a password and since you "opt in" you will be agreeing to abide by the rules of Kronos so the password will no longer be used. If at any time you get tired of all the "political crap" then just PM me and Opt Out and you're done with it until such a time that you decide that you want to opt back in.

It may seem like a lot to go through but there's a lot of people that don't even want to see the titles of the threads in Kronos let alone the threads themselves. So this way the people that want to debate can and those that want to use STF as an escape from all of that can without the possibility of having political debate invade their "sanctuary".

So, if you want access just PM me or any of the Mods and I'll get you set up as soon as I can.

The "new" Kronos that has been used for a couple months is still in place at http://kronos.startrekfans.net and will remain there for a short time but once this new system is well in place I'll deactivate that one.