Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Old Star Trek commercials

Anyone else remember these old commercials from the 70's?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This isn't a Star Trek commercial but this was my first true computer and at the time really was superior to Apple and IBM (PC). I used one from about 1983 or 1984 all the way up till about 1991. I still have 2 of them in my attic in fact.

Wow, you actually had to buy a disk drive separately?

You never saw a Commodore 64?

commodore.jpg

And don't forget, even with today's computers you may have to buy an extra drive. How many PC's come with a Blu Ray burner built in? Even if you don't specifically buy it separately you still pay for it in the cost of the system. Make that DVD burner just a CD drive and you'll see a lower price. Take it out all together and the price is lower still.

Used to be a time when if you wanted a CD drive for your computer it was an external drive and would cost you $350 to $400 and was as slow as molasses.

Wow, you actually had to buy a disk drive separately?

You never saw a Commodore 64?

post-1-1227879893.jpg

And don't forget, even with today's computers you may have to buy an extra drive. How many PC's come with a Blu Ray burner built in? Even if you don't specifically buy it separately you still pay for it in the cost of the system. Make that DVD burner just a CD drive and you'll see a lower price. Take it out all together and the price is lower still.

Used to be a time when if you wanted a CD drive for your computer it was an external drive and would cost you $350 to $400 and was as slow as molasses.

I still have a Commodore64 and a Commodore128 in my attic.