MICE, not the fury kind

which do you like better?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. which do you like better?

• mouse
    • optical mouse
    • trackball mouse
    • or is it too stupid a topic to answer

i know its kind of an off the wall question. but i just got a track ball mouse and as im getting used to it i LOVE IT. no more sliding a mouse across the desk, running out of room, and having to move it back, especially in the middle of a game. the ball glides nicely, the buttons are placed nicely, and i think its easier on the hand and wrist over a conventional style mouse. i almost forgot to add, my wife the other day tried using it, and heres the hilarious part, she kept sliding it around getting frustrated why it wouldnt work, i had to explain thats why the ball is there. it was funny she just kept doing it, and trying to push the ball for the button. :P oh well i guess you had to be there.

Edited by cptwright

Stardate:213753.9

I like the optical mice.Thats what i have and i love it.We also have them at my school

I voted for the Mouse as that is what I'm currently useing,but I would like to use the Optical one when I could afford to get one.

I ma using a obtical trackball and i love but before that i had a normal trackball so i chose trackball.

:P

I ma using a obtical trackball and i love but before that i had a normal trackball so i chose trackball.

:P

i guess i shouldve put optical trackball as well. i didnt think of it. mine is an optical as well, but i just lumped trackball together.

Right now I have a traditional mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel. At the electronics store, I've tried using the kind you describe but I don't like the feel of it. Perhaps you get used to it but my first impressions are that it's difficult to precisely control the cursor movement. My son raves about his optical mouse so that will probably be my next upgrade choice.

I added the Logitech Elite Duo to my PC. It's a wireless keyboard and mouse package. The mouse is optical with three buttons and a scroll wheel...right click, left click and a button on the left side of the mouse for double clicks. Best mouse I've ever used so I voted optical. Only one complaint regarding the mouse I'm using now...it eats batteries!

I have a regular mouse, but I would rather have an optical mouse. I once had a cordless one in 1997 and it was great (ahead of its class).

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Cordless is OK, but they suck when the batteries start to fade in the middle of something you can't stop: eg. online game. I use a cordless now and likely won't go back to a regular one because they clutter up the desk too much, but cordless mice are not ideal for everything.