Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Star Trek XI Trailer

What are your impressions of Star Trek XI so far?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What are your impressions of Star Trek XI so far?

• It looks awesome! I'm ready now!
    • I guess it looks good.
    • I'm not too sure about all this "reboot" talk, we'll see.
    • I have no plans on seeing it.

I will see it, but the question is, will I and other fans see it multiple times.

I agree with everything you've said, this part especially. If Abrams ignored the fanbase in order to go after "casual movie goers" then he may well have doomed the movie from the onset.

Remember the old saying about 1 on the hand being worth 2 in the bush? I don't care how many "casual" movie goers go to the movie, Trek's bread and butter profit is with the fandom. Betray the fandom and you lose.

I don't like the trailer at all and I'm with the timeline folks ... if this is something that will get fixed at the end of the movie, that will make me feel a lot better. It won't make me want to see the movie, but it will give me hope for the future of Trek someday returning to the post-Nemesis time frame.

They are shooting themselves in the foot if they think they can have a hit with this movie and not attract the entire existing fanbase. It would take every one of us added to whatever new viewers they get to have this flick succeed. Star Trek just doesn't have that broad based appeal and NEVER did. I dunno what they're thinking.

It would exist outside the Trek universe, may as well have a Battlestar as part of the fleet and X Wing fighters in the shuttle bay for protection.

That would be cool!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I look forward to seeing it. I even plan to go to the theater, which I rarely do. (thrice in 2008, once the year before)

It looks like no matter how good the film will be, some so-called serious fans will condemn it unless the original cast play the original characters. That's just not feasible. They are all ancient, if not dead. Shatner is the Trek King, but how could he honestly play a very young Kirk. That would make it even more ridiculous. Also things like a stick shift and other miner things are not really important. I think the new cast is very well chosen. Although Abrams has a bad reputation among Trek fans (Enterprise) and is only interested in cash, he may surprise us. I also resent the fact that some people consider others as not true fans if they liked Enterprise. I thought it was good until the Zindy angle.

Although Abrams has a bad reputation among Trek fans (Enterprise) and is only interested in cash, he may surprise us. I also resent the fact that some people consider others as not true fans if they liked Enterprise. I thought it was good until the Zindy angle.

What? Abrams has had no involvement with Trek prior to the development of this movie.

as an original series fan it will be very hard to sell this to me in my eyes you can never replace them for me. I really will have a tough time with it thanks

I liked Enterprise, and I will admit, I'm not mainly a TOS fan I prefer the TNG era.

That said, I don't mind new actors playing the original characters, as long as they play them well. Also if they don't veer away from what Trek truly is (it did look more like Star Wars than Star Trek in that trailer) I'll probably love it. :giggle:

Saw the trailer a few times. I'm not sure what to say about it since very few of them talk, and when they do, I'm a bit shaky especially Bones. I'm not a big fan of Abrams except for LOST, but we'll have to see now won't we.

Whatever the outcome of this film, I'm completely stoked to see it. Seems like they've put some time and effort into the franchise again, with something new.