Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Ailing 'Knight Rider' Gets A Makeover

Ailing 'Knight Rider' Gets a Makeover

LOS ANGELES (Nov. 10) - With ratings steadily dropping for the 'Knight Rider' redux, NBC execs give three stars the boot while changing the plotlines from terrorism to everyday good deeds for KITT and company.

NBC's struggling freshman drama "Knight Rider" is undergoing a major retooling, bringing it closer to the original 1980s series. Among the changes, the options of three regulars on the show -- Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Yancey Arias and Bruce Davison -- were not picked up beyond the initial 13-episode order.

"It's a reboot," "Knight" executive producer/showrunner Gary Scott Thompson said. "We're moving away from the terrorist-of-the-week formula and closer to the original, making it a show about a man and his car going out and helping more regular people, everymen."

Such a change would make "Knight" a better fit into NBC's newly rebranded crime drama Wednesday lineup alongside "Life" and "Law & Order."

The revamped "Knight" will kick off with the two-part Episodes 10-11. NBC is planning a major push, including possibly airing Episode 10 on Sunday after an NFL football game in January, with the conclusion airing the following Wednesday.

Is anyone watching this show?

I have beemn watching it and it has improved since the pilot.

I watched 1 episode that I TiVo'd back on October. Somthing about street racing cars as a means of getting top secret military secrets to China.

My impression was that it's a low budget (very low budget in some areas) show that you'd see on at 2 am on some "off network". I watched about 20 minutes of the show then fast forwarded to the end to see how it ended. I doubt I'll ever watch another episode, even by acident.

Saw both the t.v movie and the series since the Pilot hope the Makeover might get the ratings up a bit so it may last at least a Year and happy that there making it closer to the Original series (Plot Wise)not always Terrorist ones etc the way I recall seeing the first one with David Hassellhoff.