Sign in to follow this  
Tal

Frontpage

I have started to make a web page and i was woundering if someone could help me. I am using Microsoft Frontpage and i want to create a forum which you have to register to use (like this one) but i dont now how to. So i was wondering if someone could please help me do this.

Thanks

P.S I will tell u the web page when it is finished.

:assimilated:

Edited by Tal Shiar 8472

you can go to the Invision website, click the link at the bottom of the page.....but thats the extent of my forum knowledge...

OK, I have a question for you trekzone. I set up a website the other day using DreamWeaver. The purpose of the game was to provide information for another program, a computer game: Counter-Strike. If you're not familiar with the game, when players join they are displayed a message giving information abou the server. This is done in a simple text file using html. Unfortunately, the file is limited to around 1500 characters, which after a CSS sheet, links and such doesn't leave a lot of space for much text. The file is called motd.txt.

I got around this problem by setting up this .txt file to display 5 links and simple instructions (i.e. Click below for instructions). The motd.txt file is displayed just like a regular webpage (however you decide to code it) inside a window in the centre of the screen when you log on - this window (not a Windows window, but just a space to show the thing, including a scrollbar) allows users to link to my website. Originally I had some flash buttons and was going to add more stuff to it to make it look better. The buttons worked perfectly when viewed through Internet Explorer, but don't work when seen in the game. You click on them and it's as if there's nothing there but the image of a button: No link, no effects, no nuthin. The host has my 5 .htm pages, the CSS sheet, a few .gif files and the flash buttons. Is it necessary to add anything else to get them to work within another program?

As of now, I've disabled all the flash buttons in the menu bar and added simple underlined words as links. Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

woh! ok....um, sorry bout the 10 day late reply.

so its being viewed in Counter-Strike?

if-so i'd say counter strike is the problem, not your site.

Yeah, I know. The site can be viewed fine through the MOTD, but the flash buttons don't show up. They worked fine when viewed through Internet Explorer, but I had to remove them since they did diddly in the MOTD. I'm still pretty new to making webpages so I thought there might be a simple solution that I was completely overlooking.

Answering the first post..

If you want a free board go to www.invisionfree.com and click register.

If you want a really nice board(like this one) that you have to pay for.. Scroll to the bottom of the page.. It says, 'Powered by, "Invision Power Board"' Click on that link..

As far as registering with a payed board ask VBG or shrek :P

Hope that helps