Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Yes On 'Prop. 8' Disappoints Takei

I was wondering when he was going to comment on that. Truth be told, the California Supreme Court overstepped their bounds when they legalized gay marriage. This has always been an issue for the voters to decide on......and I guess they have.

shouldn't this be in Kronos

Well, the way Kronus is set up now.......anything posted in there will most likely never be read.

shouldn't this be in Kronos

Well, the way Kronus is set up now.......anything posted in there will most likely never be read.

I think that was the intention.

:superhappy:

Gay marriage is something most people simply do not accept. If a gay-friendly state like California votes to not just pass a law but amend our Constitution to ban gay marriage I can imagine what other parts of the country think.

There is now an effort to fight Prop 8 in the courts, but constitutional law is constitutional law. The courts have no say anymore. The only way it will be legal now is to amend the US Constitution to not just allow it but mandate state acceptance of it. You know that will never happen.

Besides, there are a lot more urgent problems that need to be dealt with than gay marriage. Its way down on the priority list.