Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

Gas prices near $3 a gallon

Here is a chart of gas prices over the last 6 years.

gas.jpg

How are gas prices effecting you now and do you think $2.50 a gallon will be here soon?

Just because gas has come down a bit, people think they are getting a bargain. You've fallen into the oil companies trap. Thats just what they want you to think. Consider this. Oil is currently selling for about $80 per barrel. Gas at the pump is still around $3.10 per gallon. The last time oil traded at $80 per barrel, gas was around $1.95 at the pump. Still think you are getting a bargain?

I remember $.89 per gallon less than 10 years ago. I want to see that again.

trust me, you and me both...getting tired of paying fuel surcharges for delivery companies...

Just because gas has come down a bit, people think they are getting a bargain. You've fallen into the oil companies trap. Thats just what they want you to think. Consider this. Oil is currently selling for about $80 per barrel. Gas at the pump is still around $3.10 per gallon. The last time oil traded at $80 per barrel, gas was around $1.95 at the pump. Still think you are getting a bargain?

When you run for office Kor, I'll vote for you.

I remember when gas was less than a dollar. I remember the outcry when price went above a dollar.

I am sicken how much gas has cost.

I remember when gas was less than a dollar. I remember the outcry when price went above a dollar.

kinda wish this war would end so gas and this inflation would go down. i remember when the war started, gas was at 1.23 a barrel. less than a year it jumped to 2.10 a gallon. then every 3 months it went up about 75 cents a gallon then by 2006 it teetered between 2.37 and 3.10 a gallon. and last year and this year it's been doing a balancing act between 3.15 and 4.40 a gallon. honestly im getting tired of it.

The prices went down last year the same way. Even still gas was cheaper at this time last year. Next spring I am willing to bet the price of gas will be around $5 or above.

kinda wish this war would end so gas and this inflation would go down. i remember when the war started, gas was at 1.23 a barrel. less than a year it jumped to 2.10 a gallon. then every 3 months it went up about 75 cents a gallon then by 2006 it teetered between 2.37 and 3.10 a gallon. and last year and this year it's been doing a balancing act between 3.15 and 4.40 a gallon. honestly im getting tired of it.

What makes you think the price of gas has anything at all to do with the war of terror?......... :clap:

since the start of the war in iraq, oil prices went up. with it now going into the 6th year of us being in iraq, it's just going to get even higher.

since the start of the war in iraq, oil prices went up. with it now going into the 6th year of us being in iraq, it's just going to get even higher.

Oil prices have absolutely nothing to do with the war in Iraq, Aghganistan or anywhere else.

Oil prices have absolutely nothing to do with the war in Iraq, Aghganistan or anywhere else.

Kor's right. The price of oil and gas is reflected by supply and demand. Remember after Katrina? Price of oil skyrocketed. Ask your dad about the oil embargo of the 70's, TJ.