Sign in to follow this  
Capt.Vash

The "shattered" universe

Who Thinks there should have been more of this particular universe  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Thinks there should have been more of this particular universe

• yes
    • no

I said yes, and I think there might have been more had the series not been cancelled prematurely.

It's one of my favorite episodes, too.

We did see it again in DS9 and that was good, so i agree with Indy that if TOS had lasted longer we would have seen more. I've seem a lot of fan fic about this subject too. I have wondered if Spock would do as our Kirk suggested and tried to change his world.

I have wondered if Spock would do as our Kirk suggested and tried to change his world.

He Did, Remeber? That's How The Cardassian/Klingon Alliance Conquered Them :dude:

*Just Watched "Crossover"* :laugh:

I like George "The Animal" Steele's idea(uh,I mean subcommanderbeavis).

A mixed cast TNG/DS9 crew battling some threat from the Mirror Universe.Sounds cool.

Edited by captainfreeman

I have always liked stories about the mirror universe. I would have loved to see more of it, in TOS and DS9 :lol:

I have also read a quite good TNG novel which mainly takes place in a mirror universe. I love that :lol:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Do The Timing And Title Of This Thread Have Anything To Do With The Upcoming PS2 Game "Star Trek: Shattered Universe"? :lol:

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

its also for X-Box and yes it does have that time co-relation but i was just wondering do you think enterprise will have anything to do with this altered universe...

We did see it again in DS9 and that was good, so i agree with Indy that if TOS had lasted longer we would have seen more. I've seem a lot of fan fic about this subject too. I have wondered if Spock would do as our Kirk suggested and tried to change his world.

Yeah, I would have liked to see more of it. That could have been very interesting

Yep, I liked the mirror universe epi myself..I thought Spock looked waaaay better with the beard! They did do quite a few mirror universe eps on DS9, as well as a couple of novels. The TNG one mentioned earlier as well as one or two of William Shatner's novels took place in the mirror universe.

The TNG one mentioned earlier as well as one or two of William Shatner's novels took place in the mirror universe.

Wasn't the the episode when Tasha Yar returned and saved the Enterprise in our universe?

Sorry I'm so familiar with TNG

Nope, it was not the episode with Tasha Yar returning ("Yesterday's Enterprise"), she did not come from a mirror universe, it was an altered future which took place. :laugh:

A mirror universe episode on TNG? :assimilated:

Which episode was that? *confused*

I can't think of one :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I don't know the tittle but there was a mirror universe ep in next gen it was the one when worf went through all those universes and at the end there was all those enterprises not really a mirror universe but different dimentiions

Yes, this was the episode "Parallels".

But I thought about a TNG episode in which one mirror universe was shown, like in TOS and DS9, with all good characters turning into bad. I still can't remember an episode which contained this :P

Mrs. Captain Picard :naughty:

Mrs Picard I don't believe there ever was a Mirror universe episode on TNG. Perhaps you are thinking of Remember Me, Future Imperfect, Power Play, Cause And Effect, The Next Phase, Schisms, Frame Of Mind, Second Chances or Genesis. Those all have plot elements that over time could begin to seem like they were in the Mirror Universe.

That's what I wanted to have proved :naughty:

There was no "real" mirror universe episode like in TOS or DS9 :wub: (of course there were some episodes, the ones you mentioned, that included parallel universes but not "the real" mirror universe :P )

Mrs. Captain Picard

Sorry about the confusion folks. I never said there was a TNG mirror universe EPISODE. What I meant is that I read a NOVEL where the TNG characters went to the mirror universe. The mirror universe Troi was able to kill people with her mind. I just can't remember the name of the book.

It is called "Dark Mirror" written by Diane Duane (at least I think so, I have it here :wub: ). One of my fave books, BTW :P

:naughty:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Loved the Mirror Universe show.Would have liked the see "Mirror" Kirk and company put up more of a fight,but the show was good anyway.I would have liked to see more TOS-era shows featuring the Mirror Universe counterparts to the Enterprise' crew.

I was thrilled when DS9 started doing episodes based in the Mirror universe.Who knows?Maybe Enterprise will get around to it.

Who Thinks there should have been more of this particular universe?

I do, it was too bad about TOS getting canceled and so not having the chance to re-visit there but I was very pleased with the attention DS9 gave it and yes, that would rock if somehow it could be given new life on ENT.