Sign in to follow this  
Capt.Vash

Continuity error

Ok here is my deal in the movie where Starfleet wants to retire the enterprise and kirk runs away with it.. well he says that he's been captain of the enterprise for 20 years right.... well enterprise starts out 20 years before captain kirk so..... hmm.... ah ya i also wanna know y arent the enterprises doors all red and whooshy?

OK, Mr. Vash, you're confused.

Star Trek was on for 3 seasons, set in 2266-2269.

Star Trek movies 1-3 feature the Enterprise from the original series, until it's self destruction to prevent take over from Klingon capture. The Admiral said the Enterprise was 20 years old, but this is a blooper. The ship is actually 40 years old. The ship also had a "new look" becuase it needed to be updated for the movies, with them being high budget in comparrison to a low budget TV show.

Enterprise began in 2151 with the early half of season 3 set in 2153. This series is a prequal to the original series, set on an entirely different ship.

In conclussion, we have the NX-01 Enterprise in the mid-22nd century and the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 in the mid-23rd century.

Hope this clears things up.

Ok i mean i new it was prequell but i quess captain kirk made it sound like he should have been captain archer but i got it now thnx ..

Star Trek: Enterprise is about Starfleet's first deep space ship, the NX-01 Enterprise, currently set in 2153. Thus the "NX-01".

Star Trek's Enterprise timeline goes as follows:

2245 - U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 launched under command of Robert April for a 5-year-mission. Christopher Pike then gets 2 5-year-missions.

2264 - Captain James T. Kirk commands the Enterprise for a 5-year-mission.

2269 - Kirk's 5-year-mission ends, Kirk is promoted to Admiral, the Enterprise goes for a 2 1/2 year refit.

2271 - Star Trek: The Motion Picture

(Spock commands the Enterprise for a 5-year-mission)

2285 - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn

2285 - Star Trek III: The Search for Spock - The Enterprise is decommissioned, but Kirk and friends steal it, with the ship fully automated, and go off to retrieve Spock's body from Genesis. After all, at the end of ST-2, Kirk does indeed say, "If Genesis is truely life from death... then I must return here some day," or something to that effect. Anyway, once there, Klingons try to take over, so Kirk self destructs the Enterprise.

Hope that helps you tell apart NX-01 and NCC-1701. :laugh:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard