Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

NHL Hockey Pool

In the immortal words of Chief Clancy Wiggum:

"Hey, I like it. I like it a lot." :blink:

seriously, an NHL pool would be great. I'd be up for it and I'm sure others would jump at the chance. Here's an idea, how about all the teams are named for something in Star Trek. ie: Jack Bauer's Jem'hadar, okay lame but you get the idea.

I figured you'd be up for this bysty. Is your name pronounced Bi-sti or Bis-tee? Anyway, when should we get this started? I think I know a web site we could do this on but we should get some more people in it. We should spread the word. 4 people is not much of a pool. How about the idea of naming the teams after Trek things?

I'm sure we could entice a few more people to come aboard. We could either do it through a site or use someone's set up for our own STF pool.

I like the idea of Trek team names.

BTW Jack, Bysty is pronounced beastie (like Beastie Boys which I believe is where the name had its origins).

Thanks Takara, I wasn't sure how to pronounce that. I wonder who else we could get into this. Is there anyway to send a general Personal Message that says to post here if interested. Anyway, how are we going to do a "draft" to decide who gets which players? :laugh:

hehe. thanks takara.

and i like the hockey team name idea, yet im not sure as to how we could have a draft since i have never set up a pool before.

I think we could do it at www.myhockeyworld.com. Here's my idea of how to draft: So we decide on an draft order and all post in that order. Then everytime it is someone's turn to pick they simply edit their post to include a new player, would that work? If it does we take the lists and someone can make up the pool at myhockeyworld, probably me because I'm most familar with it (and its free). How many players though? I'm thinking ten player, and two goalies, and the point system would be

Forwards/Defensemen

Goal= 1 point

Assist=1 point

Goalies

-Win=3 points

-Tie=1 point

-Shutout= 5 ponts

that's how I always do it. What do you guys think?

And we need more people, so far its me, bysty, Takara, and trekkiebabe.

Oh, when we set this up we should do two lines of forwards and 4 defensemen plus 2 goalies. Still 12 players. And I call name THE REDSHIRTS for my team.

I would like to give this hockey pool a go. I'm more familiar with baseball (Twins) and football (Vikings). My oldest son is in a fantasy league - football.

I may regret trying this out, but what the hay, it might be fun., if not a learning adventure. :laugh:

So much longer should we wait before we set up a draft? I think we could use a couple more people but six won't be too bad. So what do you guys think of the draft method? A little awkward, I know but I think it could work.