Sign in to follow this  
SpaceHippie

Get A life?

I think the phrase "get a life" is a bit harsh.

Anywho, I'd have to say that STAR TREK just isn't that important. I love theater, movies, and television as they are my favorite forms of entertainment. With this said, I expect a lot from Trek and have a large interrest in it. In the end, it's still just a TV show to me, but one I can enjoy time and time again. I've also the furtune of the this being one of the few shows that can have several spin-offs and movies. :blink:

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Stardate:213732.9

I too have a life thank you very much. :blink:

Yeh i think Star Trek is very important.It shows us what humanity could be.I think i have said something like this in like 3 different posts so that is as far as im going to go

Star Trek is a form of entertainment that I enjoy,in the same fashion that my wife loves her soaps.She would probably fall apart faster without her shows,than I would if Star Trek faded into obscurity.When it gets right down to it,no television program is very important to me,when compared to other things in my life.I think a great many Trek fans have lost sight of the fact that,in the end,Star Trek is a television show,period.Not much different than Lost In Space was,or Gunsmoke(my all time favorite show,EVER).

I too think the phrase 'Get a Life' is a bit too harsh..I do have a life as do all of us here..We all know that Star Trek is just a TV show..It's just that Star Trek is a form of entertainment that I enjoy..

I have a life thanks very much :blink: Star Trek is just a TV show that all of us here love to watch,and we all love this site,if you don't like it then why bother being here. :bow:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by get a life.........But if Star Trek was not as important as it is, it would not still be attracting the fans, the attention, the conventions, the interest that it does. People from all walks of life, people of different generations, diffferent races all seem to be drwan to the series. Star Trek has brought people together whose paths might never have crossed. It has united young and old. It is a show that family members can and do enjoy. There have been many "first" time events that have occurred on Star Trek. There have also been several TV documentaries that have deal with the importance of Star Trek in TV history, as well as the positive impact it has had on society......................................Yes Star Trek is as important as we think it is. And I for one am very thankful that it is a part of my life. :blink:

I, too, have a life. It's just that Star Trek is part of my life. If that part were taken away, I could still survive, but it has contributed in part to who I am.

I, too, have a life.  It's just that Star Trek is part of my life.  If that part were taken away, I could still survive, but it has contributed in part to who I am.

Very well said Indy!! I agree with Gotabite too. Trek is a part of my life just as many other things are and it has had helped shape the person I am.

I, too, have a life.  It's just that Star Trek is part of my life.  If that part were taken away, I could still survive, but it has contributed in part to who I am.

Very well said Indy!! I agree with Gotabite too. Trek is a part of my life just as many other things are and it has had helped shape the person I am.

So very, very true!

Is Star Trek important? That's something each person has to answer individually.

For me, Star Trek is an escape from day to day worries. Everyone has stress of some kind in their life. Be it bills, medical problems or anything else in their lives.

If Something like Star Trek can take their minds off of those concerns for an hour or 2 then it's importance is invaluable.

So I believe that Star Trek fans do have a life, and for a lot of those fans Star Trek is a temporary escape from that life's stresses.

Has anyone read Shatner's book Get a Life!? I recommend it!

What's the point of getting a life when I can more easily and enjoyably avoid the effort and work involved in going out of my way to do something that I perceive as being impressive to other people whose opinion I could care less about anyway just for the sake of having them accept me to which would only serve to validate a meaningless existence founded on the approval of people who simply think they're better just because they don't watch Trek?

(That's the best darn run-on sentence I've ever written!)

If you feel pressure not to watch Star Trek just because someone else thinks so, I have a message for you. The smilies below will tell your story:

:clap: :lol: :lol: People you hope to respect you are nearby.

:laugh: They don't like Trek.

:lol: You feel anxious.

:lol: Maybe even get a little depressed.

:lol: So you come up with a lame plan.

:laugh: Maybe if I kiss enough, err, something, I can become one of them.

;) This begins.

I also have a life, and Star Trek is a part of it. I enjoy Trek because it portrays a future where people are not judged by the color of their skin or what gender they are. It portrays a future where mankind explores the galaxy and is enriched by, or gets their *buttocks* kicked by, other intelligent species who do indeed exist out there. I especially enjoy TOS because the episodes had an underlying message which teaches and enlightens us even almost 40 years after the episodes were originally broadcast. My life has been enriched by meeting fellow fans of Star Trek who, for the most part, are the friendliest and most compassionate people I've ever met. That's why I find myself spending hours in front of my PC, visiting this site!

ive got no life, trek to the end of the earth. lol.

i plan on forfilling Dr. Cochranes dream before i croak it.

i then plan to drink whiskey and die in the arms of a Vulcan.

got a problem with that?