Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

Chat with Bakula

Today was incredible. My day, at first, was mundane. But then the Scott Bakula chat started on startrek.com!

I joined the chat and had the incredible fortune of having Scott Bakula answer my question!

Be sure to check out the official transcript when it becomes available @ startrek.com. Look for my question in it. My name in the chat was Captain_Tim_Bolivar.

I have the same thing in my first personal log but I also tried to add a picture of a printed screen of the actual chat. I didn't work, but perhaps VBG can help me out. Anywho, below is our little chat.

Transcript of our chat!

Captain_Tim_Bolivar: Hi Scott, I thought "Anomaly" was a truly great episode for your character. I especially loved his dark side that surfaced in that episode. How did you feel about Archer's position on putting the Osarian into the decompression chamber to get information out of him that might help save everyone on Earth?

Scott Bakula: Well, first of all, in terms of what the character was going to do, we don't really know because the air didn't run out and he didn't die. Wheather or not Archer would have let that happen is an element of the character that I hope is intriguing and exciting for the fans, as do the writers. We're definately pushing the envelope in all espects of the show this year. I think it's important that Archer leads the way. When you're playing a character and the audience isn't sure what that character's going to do, then the writers have succeeded in making good television.

Good question! And you got a good response from him too.

I had the pleasure of having Connor T. answer one of my questions on ST.com last season, however, my question baffled him.

I asked if he thought that we would eventually develop ST technologies in the future (him being an engineer on the show and all...).

His response: "Gosh...I don't know." B)

Edited by SuraksSoul

WOO-HOO! One of us got to chat with with Scott Bakula! Boy is my face green with envy!

That was a great question and I loved his answer. B)