Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Now that this is a general sports forum

Stardate:213723.9

Ahh the best part of the seaon is upon us.Late September.This season has brought some of the best playoff races baseball has seen in many a year.

First in the American League you have as follows:

In the East you have the Yanks and the Red Sox.I think the Yankees have that one covered but you never know

In the Central you have the Royals,Twins,and White Sox.Thats gonna be a tough one but im going with Kanas City because i think there pitching will be the deciding factor.

In the West you have the A's and my home team the Seattle Mariners.Although the Mariners just took 2 out of three from the A's they are still 4 games back with 6 remaining so there chances of winning the division are slim.But look what they did in 95 so i t could happen

Last the Wildcard between the Mariners and the Red Sox.The Red Sox are up a game and a half but i think if the Marines can get there offense going they can make a comeback.The mariners have a better pitching staff and they have the greatest defence in history(provided they make less that 26 errors in the next 6 games)So i think if the M's dont win the divsion they will win the wildcard.

Now the National League:

The Giants have won the west and the Braves have won the East so i wont cover them.

In the Central you have Houston,St.Louis and the Cubs going for it.Im picking the Astros here cause they keep finding ways to win and even with Albert Pulhous the cards wont be able to beat them.

The wild card is all screwed up.There are about 6 teams in contension for it but of all of them im picking the Marlins becuase they have a good young team and i think they can do it.

Well thats my quick rundown off the playoff races in baseball.

Whats ur opinions??

I'll have to agree that it appears my Mariners are going to spend yet another post season,sun bathing in Hawaii instead of hurling shut-outs and hammering in homeruns in the October Classic.I'll probably do what I have become used to doing this time of year,cheering on my favorite NL ballclub,the Giants. :blink:

Stardate:213729.9

Ah today the M's lost 2-1 to the angels and Oakland won 5-4 so Oakland wins the west.Boston also won so there magic number is 2.Like they say there is always next year.But the M's still won 90-95 games so it has been a good season.They still have the highest winning percentage since the start of the millenium.

I'll have to agree that it appears my Mariners are going to spend yet another post season,sun bathing in Hawaii instead of hurling shut-outs and hammering in homeruns in the October Classic.I'll probably do what I have become used to doing this time of year,cheering on my favorite NL ballclub,the Giants.

Great Minds think alike eh Captian?Giants are also my favorite NL team and unless Boston makes it to the World Series I am rooting for the Giants.All except Barry Bonds that is.I have lost all respect for that man for what he said about the Babe.That was disrespectuful and uncalled for.(im talking about when he said he was gonna"Wipe his fat but out of the record books and that Ruth wasnt as good as everybody hyped him up to be")

Giants are also my favorite NL team and unless Boston makes it to the World Series I am rooting for the Giants.

My Red Sox sure have had a good year for themselves..Course all roads to the World Series lead thru the Yankees!..But we are all dreaming of a RED SOX World Series up here in the North East.. It would be fantastic.:blink:

Stardate:213729.9

Ah today the M's lost 2-1 to the angels and Oakland won 5-4 so Oakland wins the west.Boston also won so there magic number is 2.Like they say there is always next year.But the M's still won 90-95 games so it has been a good season.They still have the highest winning percentage since the start of the millenium.

I'll have to agree that it appears my Mariners are going to spend yet another post season,sun bathing in Hawaii instead of hurling shut-outs and hammering in homeruns in the October Classic.I'll probably do what I have become used to doing this time of year,cheering on my favorite NL ballclub,the Giants.

Great Minds think alike eh Captian?Giants are also my favorite NL team and unless Boston makes it to the World Series I am rooting for the Giants.All except Barry Bonds that is.I have lost all respect for that man for what he said about the Babe.That was disrespectuful and uncalled for.(im talking about when he said he was gonna"Wipe his fat but out of the record books and that Ruth wasnt as good as everybody hyped him up to be")

I can't stand Barry Bonds,the arrogant,pompous *buttocks*.I hate the way he swaggers up to the plate as if there isn't a pitcher alive capable of shutting him down.He is so full of himself,that I almost wish some pitcher would paste him between the eyes with a fastball.That said,there probably isn't a pitcher in MLB capable of shutting him down.Still,the guy could take a few lessons in humility.

I can't stand Barry Bonds,the arrogant,pompous *buttocks*.I hate the way he swaggers up to the plate as if there isn't a pitcher alive capable of shutting him down.He is so full of himself,that I almost wish some pitcher would paste him between the eyes with a fastball.That said,there probably isn't a pitcher in MLB capable of shutting him down.Still,the guy could take a few lessons in humility.

Oh,I hate Bonds,too! :laugh: That guy has no class at all.He is the living embodiment of the spoiled,arrogant,over-paid modern athlete.I wouldn't want to see him (or any player) get hurt,but I'd love to see a situation where he is brought down to earth.Maybe that will happen in the playoffs?Bonds never does well in post season games.

As for me,I'm a Dodgers fan. :dude:

Stardate:213740.1

I dont like to see people get hurt either but it would be nice if somebody were to maybe take out his knees or something.I hope he hits 713 homeruns they gets a career ending injury and its at yankees stadium.Either that or the yanks and the giants go to the world series and yankees beat the giants at Yankees stadium(cause AL has homefield advantage).That way Bonds will know that he was beat in the house that Ruth Built!!!!!!!!I think its time that Boston passes the curse of the babe onto Barry.

I get so mad at him some times i feel like calling him the "N" word :laugh: .

Stardate:213748.1

By the way as far as my playoff predictions went i was 3 for 3.Not bad i batted .500 :saintdevil:

I was right with New York,Oakland,and the Marlins