Sign in to follow this  
TJ Phaserman

David Duchovny enters rehab for sex addiction

LOS ANGELES - David Duchovny, who plays a sex-obsessed character on Showtime's "Californication," has entered a rehabilitation facility for sex addiction.

The 48-year-old actor said he did so voluntarily, in a statement released Thursday by his lawyer, Stanton Stein. He added: "I ask for respect and privacy for my wife and children as we deal with this situation as a family."

Duchovny's publicist, Flo Grace, confirmed the report, which first appeared on the Web site People.com. She and Stein both declined further comment.

"All of us at Showtime wish David and his family the best during this very private time," the network said in a statement.

The second season of "Californication" begins Sept. 28.

Duchovny starred as the conspiracy-minded Fox Mulder on "The X-Files" TV series and in two films. "The X-Files: I Want to Believe" opened in theaters earlier this summer.

He and his wife, actress Tea Leoni, have two children. The couple married in 1997.

He admitted this during the run of the X-Files, How'd it take this long to get help???

He admitted this during the run of the X-Files, How'd it take this long to get help???

probably after doing red shoe diaries lol

Edited by Troy

What did Leoni marry this guy?

For the sex?..........

The problem is - I don't think she's the one he's sharing his addiction with. So philandering has been relabeled as a psychological disorder :b-day:

No, it is a bona fide psychological condition. However, it's something that is pretty strictly defined, so if he actually meets the criteria for this condition, it'd actually be a rarity, even moreso when you consider that among sex addicts, men are the minority.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

No, it is a bona fide psychological condition. However, it's something that is pretty strictly defined, so if he actually meets the criteria for this condition, it'd actually be a rarity, even moreso when you consider that among sex addicts, men are the minority.

I am aware that this is called a disorder - but I'm not sure I'd call it an addiction because there is no chemical substance involve. I'm also not sure that everyone that claims they have the disorder really does. Checking yourself into a clinic is a very Hollywood thing.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Addition does not necessary have to cause from a foreign chemical reaction. As long as the endorphin response trigger above the normal limits for that person which does give that person a "high" any activity can become additive.

It maybe the normal in Hollywood to go into a clinic does not mean the person does not have a problem. Many people view going into a clinic as being weak and ignore a problem for the person and the family which can led to large problems. If David Duchovny does have this problem it would appear he has not sought treatment right away when he felt he had the problem, but waited for a very long time to seek treatment which is not typical for someone from Hollywood. We truly do not know what Duchovny personal to even to begin to understand if he has this problem. If he does he must have a very strong and understanding wife.

TUH, I'm aware that this could be a Hollywood thing. It does indeed sound like shameless promotion of his Showtime program, but I'm willing to give him the benefit the doubt and hope he can indeed recover. And if he's lying, I hope he recovers from that, too.