Sign in to follow this  
gul_nodrog

DS9 DVD special features

:bow: I am loving these cast interviews (crew dossier). Terry Farrell's was interesting ... I thought she looked like she'd been punched in the nose or something. It looked swollen to me. She was still pretty but just looked different to me, even than what she looked like on Becker.

No slammin' on Jadziah, please, if you respond to this. I still get so mad I could cry at how they let her die like she was just some stupid Tasha Yar character. Her death was just so pointless and accidental ... I think they could have come up with something that made a little more sense. Like why not assign her to another post rather than kill her? And why completely eradicate her from the final montage of the series?

Anyway, I thought her interview was cool and I also enjoyed seeing Armin Shimerman and Andrew Robinson. They looked so different without their make-up, but you could still "hear" their characters. Cool.

I liked Jadzia...Ezri was ok(a bit too whiney for me), but with one season, it wasn't much time for her to grow as a character.

And I agree 100%...Jadzia's death was so stupid. I would have to say that it was the most embarassing moment in DS9's history. I'm surprised Worf didn't commit suicide as her death was hardly "honorable".

As far as Jadzia being included in the final episode...as I remember from a convention a couple of years ago, Armin Shimerman said that it was a contractual thing...they would have had to get her consent to include her. And at that time, both the Powers-that-be and Terry Farrell were pissed at each other, so that's why Jadzia doesn't show up.

As far as posting Jadzia to another ship or base, they wanted the viewers to be sure there was no chance Jadzia would return, but we all know that even a true death is not a permanent thing in Star Trek.

Stingray

i liked jadzia's character alot. but i never did see the episode where she died, DS9 went off for a while where i couldnt find it. whatever did happen to her, how did she die?

Anyone that doens't want to know how Jadzia dies then don't read this:

Click for Spoiler:

Gul Dukat kills her in the last episode of the 6th season, Jadzia is in the Bajoran temple on DS9 when Dukat comes in, and using the pah wraiths he kills her then releases the Pah Wraiths into the wormhole to kill the Prophets.

Here is a blast from the past look, ^ no spoiler box!

Anyway back on topic, Jadzia's death was the worst thing DS9 ever did imo, The scene where she was just able to hold on long enough to see Worf one last time really stuck in my craw (whatever that is.) She just didn't look sick.

Here is a blast from the past look, ^ no spoiler box!

Anyway back on topic, Jadzia's death was the worst thing DS9 ever did imo, The scene where she was just able to hold on long enough to see Worf one last time really stuck in my craw (whatever that is.) She just didn't look sick.

LOL you gotta love the spoiler box huh? Saved many a plot lol