Sign in to follow this  
Essoq

Androids among us?

If someone you knew was an android (with data's abilities) posing as a human (only they didn't have really obvious features like yellow eyes and gold skin) how long do you think it would take you to notice? Would you notice? have would you figure it out?

I think it would depend on how assimilated into human culture the android friend was. Even if Data didn't have yellow skin and gold eyes there were still a number of reasons he would have stood out. I think Lore would have taken longer to figure out but it would be possible that for either they never would have been discovered. In Inheritance only Data had suspicions that Julianna Tainer was an adroid.

Stardate:213712.9

Well if they have Data's exact abilites(including his flaws) I would say since I watch Star trek it would be when they would not use contractions or use emotions.Although a person who doesnt watch Star Trek as much or not at all would probably have a harder time.

I think it would depend on how assimilated into human culture the android friend was.  Even if Data didn't have yellow skin and gold eyes there were still a number of reasons he would have stood out.  I think Lore would have taken longer to figure out but it would be possible that for either they never would have been discovered.  In Inheritance only Data had suspicions that Julianna Tainer was an adroid.

You did it again Takara..If you ever wonder ( which I'm sure most of you spend sleepless nights doing B) ) why I don't post as much or as more then I used to it's because there are so many intelligent people on this board who often take the words out of my brain and write them here before I even notice threads like this one exist. Rock on STF.Net

Considering the android would never sleep or eat and never have a bad hair day or acne, I would say I'd notice quickly.

It is possible that I would notice because he or she wouldn't use contractions. The mannerisms would also give him or her away. If the Android was my friend then I would accept him or her anyway. :assimilated: