Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

26 Teen Cheerleaders Rescued From Crammed Elevator

26 teen cheerleaders rescued from crammed elevator

How many cheerleaders can cram into an elevator? Apparently not 26. A group of teenage girls attending a cheerleading camp on the University of Texas got stuck and had to be rescued after trying to squeeze into an elevator at a residence hall Tuesday night.

One girl fainted and was treated at a hospital and released. Two others were treated at the scene.

The elevator doors refused to open after the pack of 14- to 17-year-olds descended from the fourth to the first floor, police said. Responding to a few panicked cell phone calls from the group, police and firefighters summoned an elevator repairman, who spent about 25 minutes extricating them.

Campus officials weren't amused.

"It's dangerous, actually," said a school police spokeswoman, Rhonda Weldon. "They're lucky that that's all that happened."

It turns out that there were actually only 25 cheerleaders in the elevator. The 26th was just Van Roy in disguise.......... :whistling:

Edited by Kor37

It turns out that there were actually only 25 cheerleaders in the elevator. The 26th was just Van Roy in disguise.......... :unsure:

Not this time... :whistling:

Not something to laugh about, Kor. It was a silly mistake they made but let's face it, they could have lost their precious lives from that.

Guess Karma ripened for them too early.

Not something to laugh about, Kor. It was a silly mistake they made but let's face it, they could have lost their precious lives from that.

I'm certain that it did get quite "ripe" in that elevator......... :whistling:

Can you imagine the noise level in that elevator :unsure:

But some of the voices were pitched so high only dogs could hear them (animal abuse). :whistling:

Hahahaha, wow. I find it hilarious they even attempted to cram 26 people into that elevator...I attended UT last year and most of those elevators are NOT big. (This year I've transferred, though...I'm no longer at UT (in Austin), I'm at UTD (Dallas).)

Btw, to date there has never been a single death associated with properly using an elevator. Improperly, on the other hand.....

I'm certain that it did get quite "ripe" in that elevator......... :whistling:

You're just jealous.

I attended UT last year and most of those elevators are NOT big.

Well, they're cheerleaders, so... neither are they.

I attended UT last year and most of those elevators are NOT big.

Well, they're cheerleaders, so... neither are they.

Hahaha, sadly very true. :D

I should mention that it happened in Jester Hall, which is the campus's largest dorm (it also has some classrooms, tutoring rooms, a great hall, and the entire bottom floor is restaurants). Jester's rooms are all dated from the 70's and while I've never taken the elevator in that building (I didn't live in it and thus didn't have to ascend its 18 stories) I have seen them. The only way that 26 people could have fit in there would be if they were toddlers or if they went to one of the really cool utility elevators (I'm not sure Jester had one though).

FYI, I lived in a private dorm across the street that was 23 stories tall.

Can you imagine the noise level in that elevator :D

Yes, but at least it was a preppy and cheerful noise.

You're right, that would be the most annoying kind. :elephant:

QUITE annoying.

Edited by Eratosthenes