Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BakulaBabe

Which fashion era do you belong in?

Which fashion era do you belong to?

result_title_70s.gif

Fun, flirty and feminine. Are you all three of these things? If so, you should hustle your way to the '70s, an era where the disco ball ruled. This carefree decade finally let women wear their hair down--all the way down to their waists. Big floral prints, long sundresses and a swinging leather fringe were all the rage. And it wasn't that unusual to see many girls take up an Earth Mother role by knitting, baking and sewing. Your endless amount of positive energy is just one of the things your friends probably love about you. They also most likely admire the way you crack them up, even when everyone is suffering from exam time stress. Your wardrobe is probably filled with super femme colors, from buttermilk yellows to sheer pinks. Loose and free flowing, your style will always have sweeties hot on your trail. It might be that positive aura surrounding you...or maybe it's just those fabulous clothes. Keep it up, flower child!

My wardrobe is sooooo not feminine, and I hated the "disco era". 9.gif

2556kgm.gif

It seems like you know a thing or two about making something out of nothing. Your style era is the 1930s and we're guessing your favorite store isn't in the mall; rather it's the local thrift or vintage shop. During this decade, the United States was in the throes of the Great Depression and many families didn't have the extra cash for a mini-shopping spree--particularly while they were struggling to put food on the table. The culture and dress wasn't one based on luxury, but one based out of need. It wasn't uncommon for women to use scraps of old dresses for quilts and aprons or to find new and inventive ways to patch worn out shoes.

Spending $50 dollars on a simple tank probably doesn't make sense to you--especially when you can find a much cooler (and way cheaper) version on the bottom of the bargain bin. Some may say it's unique, but to you it's just practical. That type of thinking will carry you through some rough financial patches (ahem...college) and with the money you save from your creations, you'll be able to splurge on the really great stuff.

Well i can tell you what era I am in without even taking the quiz: The 30s / early 40s gangster (not "gangsta") era, best seen in the TOS episode "A Piece of the Action".

Say what you want about the ethics and business practices of the day, but those mobsters knew how to dress - even though it was the Great Depression and nobody had a lot of money to spend on clothes.