Sign in to follow this  
starsinmyeyes

Tantalising Technology

It's very clear to me that we have people who have very sophicated level of skills in using computers to develop websites, movies, and jpegs/gifs , using programs......

If you come across stumbling blocks like me while trying to extend??? overload?? your technology skills, post your problem (small or large) here and then if anyone out there can post a hint, tip or link which may or may not help us improve it will be greatly appreciated...Your skills do not need to be advanced to post hints or tips... lateral/creative thinkers, people with a sense of humour, shy, handy people, technologically challenged ... everyone is welcome to contribute.... Many heads are better than one.

My Problem

The children created a school webpage using Frontpage then uploaded successfully using FTP.

Then created claymation movies stacking jpegs taken with a digital camera into Quicktime Pro. The movies are great but we can't share them with a wider community.

Tried to upload Quicktime movies into Frontpage. Uploaded successfully but Quicktime movie doesn't show on the website. (empty box with cross) Does this mean the movie link in the page is not right? Or have I inserted Quicktime movies into Frontpage the wrong way. I used Insert/videos. I tried to save one Quicktime movie as avi. and it showed when uploaded but awful quality. Normal Quicktime movies haven't uploaded successfully.

Can anyone post a hint, link or email a bottle of scotch to me?

Thanks for your time.

I hope I can help someone with a technology problem somewhere down the track.

Edited by starsinmyeyes