Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

New ST Attraction - in 4D?

Over at ST.com they're announcing the debut of a new attraction. Part of the promo says this is the first time ST has been presented in 3D/4D. Did I miss something? How can you show anything in 4D?

very simple, they do it in real life. i live in utah, and we have a bunch of simulators that try and simulate star trek adventures (and do a good job to!) i have been in three fire fightrs with the borg in these simulators. it is extremly fun.

very simple, they do it in real life. i live in utah, and we have a bunch of simulators that try and simulate star trek adventures (and do a good job to!) i have been in three fire fightrs with the borg in these simulators. it is extremly fun.

Real life is three dimensional.

Terminator 3-D has real life elements but it wasn't called 4-D. This past summer Sea World opened a "4-D" pirate attraction but it's not a big deal, saying 4-D is just a catchy buzzword for drawing you in. :bow: Of course, having 4-D attached to a Star Trek attraction is different-I feel myself being drawn to it. :o

Edited by Alterego

This is how I see it. 3-D is just you sitting there watching a 3-D movie. 4-D uses things to make you feel like you're there. Moving seats, for example. Spraying water is often used. I was at one once, and to give the impression that someone was throwing a cup of ice on you, they sprayed water on you from jets in the back of the seat in front of you. *shrugs* One time, there were supposed to be rats running around on the floor, so they blew air out of little vents on the seat. Just little things like that to make it seam more "real." At least, I think that's what 4-D means...