Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

What is the threat?

I'm not putting a spoiler here because I assume we're past that point, but let me know if I should.

Okay, so we were lead to believe that Humanity or possibly the Federation would destroy the Xindi homeworld in 26th century. But now we have learned that this is not the case because the homeworld has already been destroyed. How? we don't know. But the Xindi council scenes show that their "future is at stake". So now what is the threat they see from humanity in the future? Any ideas?

I don't know what the threat is but my theory is that the "Humanoid figure" fed the Xindi the information and technology. The time for the construction of the mysterious component is about right. IMO, the "humanoid figure" is a Romulan who is attempting to pit Earth and the Xindi against each other in an effort to destroy them both. I suppose he is attempting to give the Romulans the power in the quadrant.

And how about this from 'The Expanse', Dr. Ferat asks if the person he spoke to was humanoid. Archer says he's not sure. Ironically, James Horan is credited as "Humanoid figure". :force:

Anyway, any thoughts?

Edited by Jack_Bauer

I don't believe it's going to be the Romulans that will turn out to be "Future guy". It's not the way Romulans do things. They will "bring it to you" rather then try to do it through something like this.

Are we sure it was really the Xindi home world that we saw destroyed? Do the Xindi only come from one planet?

I also don't buy Future Guy being a Romulan. ENT keeps creating tons more questions than it answers, it's the king of mystery storys and I'm hooked but I have no answers except maybe this...

Click for Spoiler:

The Xindi Superweapon could turn out to be the Planet Killer from TOS episode The Doomsday Machine.

Here are a couple quotes from another thread of relation to this topic...

Click for Spoiler:

Oh yeah, this was great for an opener!

About the Xindi home world being destroyed... that's kinda' strange.  Do you think they went back in time and destroyed it so that when Enterprise got there they wouldn't find anything?  That just kind of threw me.  Or maybe the Xindi guy was just being tricky.  But like Reed said... why would he lie?

I was trying to remember from The Expanse if Future Guy said Earth would destroy the Xindi home world or if he said that they would destroy the Xindi world. There is a difference in semantics. If he said Earth would destroy the Xindi world, then that would mean they would destroy whatever planet the Xindi were currently inhabiting. The home world could have already been destroyed by some past war or other major catastrophe and the Xindi had migrated elsewhere. Thinking that the humans had some hidden agenda, the Xindi man gave Archer what he asked for... the coordinates for the home world, which had already been destroyed 120 years ago, not the Xindi world (which they currently inhabit).

I will have to go back an rewatch The Expanse to know for certain.

"Future Guy" is from the 28th century while a piece of technology in the wreckage from the probe/weapon is from the 26th century, thus I don't think "Future Guy" has anything to do with the Xindi.

Click for Spoiler:

Interresting idea about the Xindi being the creaters of the "Planet Killer" seen on TOS.

Here's a theory. What if there's 5 Xindi home worlds for each sub-race of the species, with one of these 5 worlds being the origin of the Xindi species as a whole? Maybe the "homeworld" of the Xindi is still intact, but we only saw the destruction of the Xindi-(whatever that guy was that Archer captured) homeworld?

Edited by Alterego

The question is... was that guy older than 120 years? I suppose it's possible... as Vulcans can get pretty old without looking very old. But that guy would have had to have been away from his world and without contact with it for 120 years. He could not have received any news of its destruction, or surely he would have told Archer.

Something strange is going on here.

Perhaps what we need is not more answers. Perhaps what we need is less questions. Heh.