Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Isabel....here she comes

She's churning away and where she'll land - who can say?

Okay, latest prediction is she'll miss Florida and land Georgia or above. She's been downgraded but category 4 is still powerful. Has anyone started making precautions or preparations?

I've called a repairman to come repair my generator (since it won't start now) but that's all so far. If it looks like it will head this way I'll go buy some water and batteries and the usual things like that.

Oh yeah, I'm already having Hugo flashbacks.

Our radio stations are as ready as we can be, even though we still don't know for sure that we're in the strike zone. I'm part of the stay behind team, so I'll get to ride out the storm in the Channel 5 bunker, while my husband heads upstate with our animals and kid. If the storm does hit us, our first priority will be to get at least one of the stations back up so we can serve the community as quickly and as best we can.

It's during times like these that I really appreciate working in this business. Most of the time it just feels like we sell air, but at times like these we trully can make a difference in people's lives. And we are incredibly committed to that service.

Edited by thayln

Normally I don't pay much attention to big storms.I've lived through the worst of them,but I'm starting to get a little worried about Isabel.I don't think she'll come near to Arkansas,where I am,but for all of y'all along the eastern seaboard..well,i hope you're aware of how potentially dangerous this storm is shaping up to be and have thought about taking the appropriate precautions.I heard one weatherman claim that Isabel will be the biggest hurricane in decades and guess'timated that she'll do an ungodly ammount of damage when she comes on shore (but I know how weathermen and 'women like to sometimes exaggerate things).Anyway,I just wanted to make everyone aware that we could be in for a spot of trouble with this one.

(but I know how weathermen and 'women like to sometimes exaggerate things)

A slow news day.

A light shower.

"This will be the storm of the century!"

lol :force:

Edited by thedoctor

If the storm does hit here I will do what I can to get online, but if for some reason I can't get the generator fixed we could be out of power for a while. I remember in August of 98 we were out for close to a week.

I had an out-of-town meeting, scheduled for this weekend ( 9/19-9/21) in an eastern seaboard state, cancelled today due to concern for Isabel. Our host expressed concern that if we travelled this weekend we might be spending it stranded in an airport. So the meeting is being rescheduled.