Sign in to follow this  
DaboGirl

NEW Star Trek XI Movie Poster 07-18-08

pretty cool :superhappy:

Nero looks interesting

It looks like he has some type of scarring to his upper ear.

Apparently someone bit off the pointy part of his ear.........

Finally, more teaser to consider. :clap: This at least partially makes up for bad news about ST XI "not" being represented at the Comic Con.

Pines intensity as a young Kirk is clicking for me. :thumbs:

Quinto's Spock is so on the money it's scary. :superhappy:

I need to work a bit to see Zoe Saldana as Nichols :weird: but I'll keep an open mind about it and hope JJ directed her well enough to pull that character off.

I'm curious, Uhura's presence instead of McCoy makes me wonder if Bones has less of a role than she does.

Nero, purportedly a Romulan of post NEM time, has me thinking he may be a Klingon instead... :inlove:

Nero looked Klingon to me - and he SHOULD be Klingon. The Romulans were only adversaries for a couple TOS episodes. The Klingons had far more screen time and that is the villan race most people think of when they think of TOS.

Finally, more teaser to consider. :clap: This at least partially makes up for bad news about ST XI "not" being represented at the Comic Con.

Pines intensity as a young Kirk is clicking for me. :thumbs:

Quinto's Spock is so on the money it's scary. :superhappy:

I need to work a bit to see Zoe Saldana as Nichols :weird: but I'll keep an open mind about it and hope JJ directed her well enough to pull that character off.

I'm curious, Uhura's presence instead of McCoy makes me wonder if Bones has less of a role than she does.

Nero, purportedly a Romulan of post NEM time, has me thinking he may be a Klingon instead... :inlove:

I think they put Uhura up instead of McCoy for a variety of reasons all tied to marketing.

Throw a hot young woman in there or a 4th guy?

Appeal to horny young males.

Appeal to women moviegoers.

Appeal to minority moviegoers.

Uhura can fill a lot of gaps McCoy as the 4th cacasian male on the poster would not. That's simply from a marketing standpoint.

pretty cool :notworthy:

Nero looks interesting

It looks like he has some type of scarring to his upper ear.

Fascinating. I brought that img over here.

2679888212_3481c1604d_o.png

I wonder, could he a Romulan not happy with his heritage so he cut his points off or someone, some enemy perhaps, cut them off of him. ^_^