Sign in to follow this  
captainfreeman

startrekfans.net personal logs

Would you like to have a forum for Personal Logs?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a forum for Personal Logs?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care either way

I was thinking that it might be fun to have a forum here where the various members of startrekfans.net can keep personal logs (a sort of open journal where they can post from day-to-day).Might be fun,and of course,everybody can read everybody else's log,but only the person whose log it is should make replys.Just a thought.Would anybody beside me keep a log here?

Well,goodnight all.Catch you tomorrow. :bow:

Edited by captainfreeman

Nice idea, go for it.  However, I rarely give out any personal info on the net, so I'd be out.  Still a great idea, and those who want to, I say go for it.

If we do something like this you wouldn't have to give any really "personal" information. Maybe like a journal entry that you would allow anyone else to read as opposed to a diary entry that would be private for you only.

Nice idea, go for it.  However, I rarely give out any personal info on the net, so I'd be out.  Still a great idea, and those who want to, I say go for it.

Your log entry does not have to be personal,CJLP.Maybe you might just post your thoughts on something that occured that day that was newsworthy,or your feelings about some topic or topics in particular on these boards?I myself would not be comfortable laying bare things that were too personal and such,for everyone to read.For an example,

Captain Freeman's personal log,13.9.03:

"I can't believe UNLV beat Wisconsin on the gridiron today.How in the cosmos does a Mountain West Conference football program humiliate a perennial BCS power like Wisconsin?It boggles the mind.Well,I suppose as long as the Ducks keep winning,I don't really care what happens in the rest of the NCAA.Although,I'm sure,Wisconsin's loss is going to reflect poorly on my college pick'em stats.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the day.Saturday is the one day of the week I have all to myself,and I plan on sitting in my easy chair and watching football all day long.A comfortable chair,a big tv,cold beer,and football games to watch..that's this man's idea of the "American Dream.End log."

See what I mean?But its your decision.I just think it would be fun to see what everybody else would log everyday,and to keep my own log.In a way,afterall,we are all crewmembers aboard the same ship.

I must admit to a certain ammount of hesitation when pondering the question of maintaining an open journal.As most of my work is quite sensitive in nature,I'm not sure if it would be at all appropriate for me to keep logs.However,if anyone else finds the idea appealing,then please,by all means have fun!

We have a forum for personal logs at star trek haven, and it works great. Its a really cool idea, and if you don't want to have a personal log, you don't have to. If you don't don't want to put any personal info on the web, don't worry, the personal logs are just about what you did that day, or at least, thats the way we do them at STH. And If you want to have people respond, you may put that at the beginning of your entry, if not, say so. Its been really fun doing it, so I'm all for it.

I also think this is a good idea. Would be quite interesting to read (and post, of course :) ).

So I like the idea :force:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Great idea. I would enjoy reading and writing. I have also wanted to have a good reason to say, out loud, 'Lt. Commander Sasooni's log: Supplemental. Today a very special incident happened...' for ages. If anyone asks I can say I'm just getting the words sorted out in my head. And hope they don't realise the computer is not on. :o