Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

Let them know you have watched.

Okay. The official numbers have been published at Mediaweekly and the ratings ticked up a little from "The Expanse." That's good (though the rabid negative "fans" on line are screaming that the 18-49 demographic is too low and are obnoxiously predicting imminent demise :bow: ) but it needs to get better. Kansas no longer has UPN :bow: (think how many households that is) and ENT is pre-empted in so many markets for sports; (Orlando and two other cities pre-empted the bloody premiere!!!) the repeat showings are not tabulated into the Nielsens that the idiots suits tally. :) They aren't tabulated, folks. Not into the official numbers. UPN gets them but for some reason the Saturday repeat numbers don't carry as much weight. I was chatting with a kid just tonight who had to download the episode since his campus cable provider dropped UPN. sigh

My point? There are people watching this show that the Nielsen numbers don't record. :( The Enterprise Project who went to all that trouble to get a print add published in the Hollywood Reporter is proof of that. All the actors in the cast have said they are counting on word of mouth and letters. Snail mail has been extremely effective in the past with keeping other shows on the air. With the added detriment of sorry @ss network UPN, ENT needs all the help it can get. If you write a brief note saying that you watched the premiere and plan to continue watching to either of these two addresses it would help a great deal. I am not kidding, people. The suits who do the tallying consider one letter to represent a certain number of viewers just like each Nielsen number is considered representative of a few thousand viewers. Just one note. It may make the difference, especially if you mention that you are in your 20s or 30s. Oh heck, you can lie about that if you like. :( I've written two letters.

Here are the addresses.

Dawn Tarnosky-Ostroff-President

United Paramount Network

11800 Wilshire Boulevard

Los Angeles, CA 90025

Rick Berman or Brannon Braga

'Enterprise'

c/o Paramount Pictures

5555 Melrose Avenue

Los Angeles, CA 90028

Please write. It's a good idea.

I have to agree if they put it on other stations besides upn they would do so much better. We have upn here but cbs controls it so during basketball season they push it till 10:30pm alot of people are already in bed if they have to work first.

I agree. If UPN isn't going to take good care of our show, they should give it to SciFi and be done with it. SciFi would do a much better job of giving Enterprise the support it deserves.

I'll be writing, that's for sure.

The area I live in is a perfect example. We don't have UPN here, so Enterprise is run on our Fox station. They choose to run it on Wednesday at midnight!! The encore showing on Saturday is very often preempted by a sporting event. I have been watching it on Saturday whenever it's on, but this year I've decided that I will record it on Wednesdays just to make sure I get it. In fact, during season 2, they weren't running it on Wednesdays AT ALL, so when it was preeempted on Saturdays, I totally missed out. :bow:

I've written letters before, I'll do it again.

I feel fortunate that I am able to get UPN up here in the NE part of the USA..But I will definately write a couple of letters..I hope a lot of us do..It is a good idea..

Folks, here is another address. This is the butthead at CBS who owns part of UPN and if I'm not mistaken he is the one who made the decision not to spend too many dollars promoting "Enterprise." If the numbers don't go up by the end of the season, there will NOT be a season four and he is the person who will most likely make the behind the scenes decision to pull the plug. Technially its Ms. Ostroff, but really it's this guy. Be polite, but let him know that you watch. Writing letters again on Oct. 1 when that Smallville premieres is also a very prudent decision--ESPECIALLY TO THIS BUTTHEAD.

Mr. Leslie Moonves

President and CEO

CBS Television

CBS Television City

7800 W. Beverly Boulevard

Los Angeles, CA 90036

Drop him a line. And do it again on Oct. 1

Season 4 is by no means a guarantee. Here are two numbers that you can call to support the show.

UPN Phone: 310-575-7000

UPN Fax: 310-575-7210

A fax from someone overseas who says they want ENT to survive so that they ca see it would carry a great deal of weight as well. We can get this done folks. Other shows have been saved this way.

It comes from Dom Keating's own mouth. I don't do cons, but a few of my friends do. They attened one of the recent conventions and he said it straight out to them--that the suits give Wednesday numbers far more weight than the Sunday repeat numbers. That's insane that they do that, but it's what Dominic said. Season four is not guaranteed. Scott Bakula also said during his chat on 9/10 that good word of mouth is important or another season is not guaranteed. I read it. The suits must be made aware that people are watching.

UPN is not a bright network at the management level. 3 letters--today, on Oct. 1 when Smallville premieres, and during November sweeps from as many folks as possible could literally make the difference. The Nielsens will probably go up a little, but they have a long way to come up from and UPN isn't carried everywhere. Networks aren't patient. 3 short notes to the addresses I provided. You don't have to write a novel. Other series have been kept on the air this way. There's no reason it can't work here. The phone and fax numbers are also a valid option, but written letters are best. Fax a letter if you must. I'm not trying to depress anybody. It's by no means a foregone conclusion that ENT won't make it to season four but the situation is a little perilous. Write those notes. I did.

If you all posted your thoughts here and your names each Wednesday (I'm up half the night anyway) I would put it into a coherent letter and mail it every Thursday evening to these three addresses. I don't mind. I'd be willing. I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off anyway.

Thanks! :force: Folks, letters may not have worked with farscape (which drew even lower ratings on a network that could afford it even less) but they have worked with Once and Again--which got an extra season reprieve and with Grounded For Life, which was rescued by another network because its suits became aware that folks had written in letters to its original network pleading for them to keep it on the air. Letters from overseas, saying that you are interested in ENT staying on the air so that you will have the chance to see it in Australia and the UK would help a great deal. They carry MUCH weight with producers.

Three letters. Three occassions. Tell them that you watched the season premiere. Tell them that you watched the Oct. 1 episode. Let them know that you are watching November sweeps. Nine stamps. It could make the difference between getting a season four or not.

Three letters.  Three occassions.  Tell them that you watched the season premiere.  Tell them that you watched the Oct. 1 episode.  Let them know that you are watching November sweeps.  Nine stamps.  It could make the difference between getting a season four or not.

I don't think it would be too much to send a letter per episode. New episode, new letter. New episode, new letter.

We could even draft a letter here that would say everything that is needed, then all you have to do is log on after the episode (Which many people here are doing already anyway) print the letter, put it in an envelope and put it in the mail box. It wouldn't take any time at all.

Folks, here is an e-mail address for Ford Vehicles!

http://www.fordvehicles.com

They sponsor ENT. There's a contact us link lower on the page. Just drop them a brief e-mail thanking them for the decision to sponsor ENT. that's all you've got to say. Ford actually hearing from people en masse would make a HUGE difference.

I did it. It took 30 seconds of my time. Now there is something you could do after every episode.

Thanks, Stardreamer!. :o Faxes and phone calls from overseas would carry a great deal of weight. It occurred to me that I don't know the country code for the United States to stick in front of the fax and phone #s because I haven't called the U.S. from outside the U.S for seventeen years, though. :bow: You're smart. I'm sure the operator can tell you. Overseas faxes would help tremendously. they really would. The entire production took notice of the Hollywood Reporter Ad that was featured the day of the premiere thanking the cast and hoping for more seasons to come. That was a good start, and UPN noticed, but we've got to keep it up. :o

The country code for US is 001. (Business with US companies is part of my job)

I'll also mail to Ford (since I'm driving a Ford car, they spend my money too :o :bow: )

Folks, here is an e-mail address for Ford Vehicles! 

http://www.fordvehicles.com

They sponsor ENT.  There's a contact us link lower on the page.  Just drop them a brief e-mail thanking them for the decision to sponsor ENT.  that's all you've got to say.  Ford actually hearing from people en masse would make a HUGE difference.

I did it.  It took 30 seconds of my time.  Now there is something you could do after every episode.

I tried this web site but wasn't successful in finding the e-mail adress. Could you help me, Moulin Rouge?

Oh no!!!! There was another e-mail address inside on the Ford Vehicles site. They've taken it out. :o All that's available now is Ford's mailing addresses under the "contact us" link. I'm sorry folks. I really am. It was there. I tried it out again and the e-mail bounces back now.

Gosh darnit. Well, you could still write.

Edited by MoulinRouge

I've just sent out four letters out to four different addresses. Man, I wonder if this is how the Original fans banded together when they saved if for a third season? Good thing today fans can be connected around the world, thank God for the internet! I'm going to try for the a letter an episode thing, that seems like a good idea (worked in shawshank redemtion.) Hopefully the fans can keep the Wagon Train to the Stars moving! :o :bow: :o

Here is another idea for doing something to show your support of ENT.

Go the link below, it's the Save Star Trek Campaign "ENT" forum.

The President has not changed his views of ENT in the slightest in fact; he is more determined than ever to bring ENT to it's knees.

http://trekwriter.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=ENT

There you may as a "Guest", post telling your support of ENT. BE POLITE but firm, maybe we can cause him to back off and let ENT be.

Guest bella

Could someone explain to me what the aims of "Save Star Trek" are? I couldn't find it set out anywhere on that site.

Who is the President that Alterego refers to.

Sorry if these are obvious questions, but I'm a relative newbie to Trek politics.

Thanks! :blink:

Could someone explain to me what the aims of "Save Star Trek" are? I couldn't find it set out anywhere on that site.

Who is the President that Alterego refers to.

Sorry if these are obvious questions, but I'm a relative newbie to Trek politics.

Thanks!  :blink:

President = Mark Sickle AKA Trek_Writer, "aims" here.

bella, Do you like Enterprise?

Guest bella

Ah. I see. Thanks Alterego.

Yes, I do like Enterprise.

I grew up with Kirk et al and have watched all the other Trek series. TNG was good once it got going and I'd got over the new crew instead of the old guard.

DS9 was OK, Voyager I watched to begin with and then drifted away.

I enjoy Enterprise more than any of the other Trek incarnations. I like ALL the characters, which I've never done before. I think all the actors do a great job, most of the time. I think it is good but could be even better.

Will I get bashed here for that?!

:blink:

:blink:

bella you are my kind of Trekker, I share your views on the different incarnations of Trek. I have adapted to each incarnation as they came along and like you VOY is not tops on my favorite list but all lists must have something at the lower end.

I am thrilled when I read members posts about how much they enjoyed VOY, fan appreciation is really the bottom line of any series. The VOY fans here have helped me decide to buy the VOY DVDs when released and I look forward to giving it my full attention to glean the Trek moments from it I must have missed the first time around (was my mentality for VOY the same as those who shun ENT? *ashamed*)

ENT has grabbed my attention right from the start, I haven't been this excited for Trek in a long time and I wish it long life free of distraction from so called fans that want to fix it.

A

Yea!!!!!!! B) :blink: :lol: B) B) The final media numbers came in. Anamoly posted an increase of 220,000 viewers over the Xindi according to those god awful Nielsens. Every little bit helps. :rofl: Rome wasn't built in a day. It's working. Keep it up. Even the youth demographic that those buttheads crave increased ever so slightly.

Good news. B) No, Bella, you will not be bashed for that here. This is safe haven for you. :grin:

Edited by MoulinRouge

Yea!!!!!!! B)  :P  :eek:  :wow:  :)  The final media numbers came in.  Anamoly posted an increase of 220,000 viewers over the Xindi according to those god awful Nielsens. Every little bit helps.  :)  Rome wasn't built in a day.  It's working.  Keep it up. Even the youth demographic that those buttheads crave increased ever so slightly.

Good news. :D  No, Bella, you will not be bashed for that here.  This is safe haven for you. :)

Great news MoulinRouge! B) B) B)

Bella, you are very welcome here. Why don't you register and join our little family? We'd love to have you.