Sign in to follow this  
star_rose

Italy in the background in the final of Nemesis

Did anybody see in the last scenes of Nemesis, when the Enterprise was been repaired, that in the background there is Italy instead of France?

Picard should be a French man, not an Italian one...

I appreciated this scene, because I am Italian, but I don't know the reason of it...

Perhaps is it due to the presence of Italian writers or producers in the Star Trek series?

does anybody know the answer?

thank you

The thing is that I highly doubt they cared what country was appearing behind the ship. You were to be focusing on the Enterprise-E. Another thing is that Star Trek isn't that good when it comes to maps, I mean, it showed Australia, yet no New Zealand in First Contact.

I don't believe that they didn't care which country was in the background.

I think that they wanted to put Europe in the background, because Picard is French, but in the scene it is visible only Italy...

I bet they chose Italy on purpose. Saying "Ha ha! We're giving you the boot!"

Edited by Derek

As long as earth was behind the spacedock, I don't think it mattered what was showing. I mean, it does orbit the planet and can't allways be over France.

And as far as the whole New Zealand thing...it was probably a single person's job to draw up the cartography. Blame it on him/her! :whistling:

however, it is strange to see my country in an American movie... :D

my Italian friends are happy to see our country, they think that it could be a sort of homage to us...

I never even noticed!  :shocked::shocked::clap:

Well, it's been that long since I watched it. I have it on VHS but my VHS player in  my TV has finally packed in. Might have to get my brother's TV from out of the attic. :)