Sign in to follow this  
sea trooper

T'Pol is Spocks mother?

I was thinking along with Pirate Elf, and I thought "What if T'Pol was Spock's mother? They're both Vulcans aren't they? and since she was on the Enterprise, maybe thats why Spock is on it." We've never thought of that before. So I decided to hear your thoughts about it. :clap:

I was thinking along with Pirate Elf, and I thought "What if T'Pol was Spock's mother? They're both Vulcans aren't they? and since she was on the Enterprise, maybe thats why Spock is on it." We've never thought of that before. So I decided to hear your thoughts about it. :clap:

Can't be. Spock's mother is Amanda Grayson married to Sarek, a Vulcan diplomat. This is why Spock is half Vulcan.

Can't be. Spock's mother is Amanda Grayson married to Sarek, a Vulcan diplomat. This is why Spock is half Vulcan.

:) That sums it up perfectly.

Perhaps they are cousins? :)

But we have to figure out how old Spock is during TOS,since Vulcans live longer than humans then it might not be possible for T'Pol to be his grandmother. 100 years is not a long lifespan for Vulcans.

Vulcans reach an age of sexual maturity in their late twenties-early thirties by most estimates I've heard. If Spock is 35 (his first pon farr is during the first five year mission!), and his father was 40, and HIS mother was 40, Enterprise would have to take place 115 years before TOS. These are conservative estimates, I think.

Of course, do we ever hear the TOP age Vulcans are fertile? That could affect these dates, too.

Another thought - are all Vulcan children seven years apart in age, d'ya think? And I've never heard of Vulcan twins/triplets, etc.

Edited by LadyNarana

But we have to figure out how old Spock is during TOS,since Vulcans live longer than humans then it might not be possible for T'Pol to be his grandmother. 100 years is not a long lifespan for Vulcans.

Spock can't be very old in TOS because Amanda, a human is his mother. According to the "Star Trek Chronology" I have Spock was born in 2230, 3 years before Kirk. So if Kirk is 34 in TOS spock is 37. Sarek was born in 2165, which is only 12 years away from the current timeline.

Sarek was born in 2164 or 65, so unless T'Pol married Sokar, or whatever Sarek's father's name is, I doubt she's related to Spock.  Perhaps she's the Vulcan that the city of "T'Pol" is named after, as mentioned by Tuvok in "Unimatrix Zero, Part II"?

That's the question we don't know the answer to, will she marry Skon? Or at least have a child with him.

As for Sarek's birth date, like I said above it was 2165 so T'Pol could be his mother (Sarek's mother).