Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Tropical Storm Bertha

Well, the season is upon us. Tropical Storm Bertha is making her way across the Atlantic and looks like landfall could be in the near future for some lucky city on the East coast of the United States.

Bertha.png

im betting it's gonna be new york or d.c. .....more leaning on D.C. to see what Bush would do if it hit land

Edited by Troy

As long as it's North of the FL/GA border - I am so not ready for hurricane season.

We could use it here to put the fires out.

One of the fires is at the Great Dismal Swamp and it's not a "surface" fire. It's subterranean, the trees roots are burning so there's no way to put it out unless there's A LOT of rain that soaks down to the fire's level. Until that happens we have a lot of smoke to deal with, which makes it hard to breathe or do anything outside.

Uh-oh, (or oh-boy! depending on your POV) it might be making a 360 degree loop. Watch out East coast, this could get very dangerous...

Uh-oh, (or oh-boy! depending on your POV) it might be making a 360 degree loop. Watch out East coast, this could get very dangerous...

That happened a couple years ago, I forget which storm it was (maybe Katrina).

Katrina was a Gulf coast storm - which is where most of hurricanes this time of year head - Atlantic coast storms are usually later in the season. Just so it keeps on going out to sea.

Katrina was a Gulf coast storm - which is where most of hurricanes this time of year head - Atlantic coast storms are usually later in the season. Just so it keeps on going out to sea.

Yes, it did hit the gulf though it started in the Atlantic. The storm I'm thinking of, I believe went across Florida and hit the gulf coast then came back across land and back out into the Atlantic and did a loop and hit the coast again. I just don't remember which storm it was.

Looks like Bertha has turned out to be just a bag of wind. The oil company execs are particularly disappointed because they can't use Bertha as an excuse to further increase gas prices.............

Yes, it did hit the gulf though it started in the Atlantic. The storm I'm thinking of, I believe went across Florida and hit the gulf coast then came back across land and back out into the Atlantic and did a loop and hit the coast again. I just don't remember which storm it was.

I dont remember which one played ping pong in the gulf after hitting FL from the east. But I do remember Jeanne spinning 360 not too far from the Bahamas in 2004. I remember my family coming back from a music gig in Dothan, AL and drove right into that sucker. I have a dry-erase tracking chart that has the chart on one side and the most severe storms of 1992,1999, 2004 & 2005 to hit/affect FL. Tropical storm Kyle in I think 2002 pulled a similar stunt with spinning 360. With that one I just wrote it down as Drunk instead of Kyle because not only did it turn completely around it kind of bobbed and weaved across the Atlantic.

Also Hurricane Ivan came up & hit from the west near AL affecting LA through FL. It broke in half and the New England area got Rainstorm Ivan whereas the coast of TX got Tropical Storm Ivan simultaneously

Edited by Yillara Skye