Sign in to follow this  
Luvin1stdegree

WTC Steel

I read in the paper yesterday that the steel from the World Trade Center is being melted down and recycled into a new Navel ship named the USS New York. I think it's a great way to pay tribute to the heroes that died that day.

I read in the paper yesterday that the steel from the World Trade Center is being melted down and recycled into a new Navel ship named the USS New York. I think it's a great way to pay tribute to the heroes that died that day.

Yes it is, I wonder if they tried for a single name that would honor all of the 9/11 victims though. USS New York (If that's why it's named that) would only honor the WTC victims but there that leaves out the Va and Pa victims.

Then that makes the second story I've heard for the fate of the steel. The first was, the steel was going to be (had been) sold to a Japanese recycler. :clap:

Yes it is, I wonder if they tried for a single name that would honor all of the 9/11 victims though. USS New York (If that's why it's named that) would only honor the WTC victims but there that leaves out the Va and Pa victims.

not to make light of all the victims of that day, but if its WTC steel only, then it is a tribute to THE WORLD TRADE CENTER IN NYC. but alas who knows till it actually happens, i havent heard any stories of the steel other than some of it going around the country to be used in memorials.