Sign in to follow this  
Luvin1stdegree

Your community

On the way home from class tonight I heard the DJ talking about the "Freedom Walk" that's being held tomorrow. Participants are walking 11 miles to raise money for scholarships for children of the people who died in the towers. The walk is being held in the town of Freedom, which I thought was appropriate. I also believe there is a candlelight vigil on the steps of Lawrence University here in town. The local news tonight also asked everyone to wear red, white, and blue tomorrow. It started me wondering what other communities do to remember 9/11/01. If your town is doing something to remember, let us know.

Stardate:213693.9

Well we are gathering in the gym in the morning to observe a moment of silence.Also for those who are religious the school is allowing them to hold a prayer circle by the flag as long as there isnt any problems.There wasnt last year so i dont expect there to be this year

I feel kind of guilty cause I have no clue if my community is doing anything or not. I am sure that they are, but with everything that has been going on with work and some other personal issues I have not had time to keep up with the news and the events going on in my area. Lately my life has been working, sleeping and trying to take care of a sick friend.