Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

If anyone is interested

STARTREKFANS.NET was "born" on Feb 16th.

In that month and a half we've grown quite a bit, in fact we outgrew our original site (which by the way is still there, Old Board ). We've had a combined 6,014 spam free postings on both boards and a total of 137 members join (as of this typing), and in the days since Feb 16th there has only been 1 day that that we did not have a new member join and that was March 31st.

Those of you that were also on the original board have seen quite a few changes take place, all for the betterment of the community I hope. All of the suggestions I've gotten have been taken and in almost every case the suggestion has been used, so keep voicing your suggestions.

For those that were not on the old board and haven't seen that forum I invite you to take a look and compare. I think you'll see quite a difference, but even as limited as that old forum was I still believe it is better then the interface at ST.COM.

We moved to this forum on March 5th and have been rockin' ever since!

For anyone curious as to why we moved and how I came to the decision for this forum format, the old board was very limited in potential size. Meaning the number of posts allowed, the number of members allowed and the number of PMs allowed. As for how I found this forum format, it actually originates from another board I frequent. They upgraded from a very basic forum to this very same style on March 2nd (My Birthday lol) and as soon as I saw it I put the upgrade into motion for us. That other site is the Philadelphia Eagles message board. Over there I am VaBeach_Eagle.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a little background and history for anyone interested, and if you've read this much then you MUST be interested! :bow:

I'm so glad that you started this board. I've been a Star Trek NUT for most of my life and I've never really had many friends who sheard this interests. Among my friends who were Trek fans very few (if any) of them enjoyed it to the point that they could spend hours a day talking about it. This has resulted in me always having to keep my Trek to myself. In fact for most of my "high school years" I almost lost track of Star Trek due to that fact that I had no one to share my love of it with. This resulted in me missing the better parts of both DS9 and Voyager and I'm just now starting to catch up. By the time I was 20 I had re-descoverd my love for Star Trek and it's now greater than it has ever been. Still I didn't have any friends to share it with. About a month ago I decided to try and find a message board or something online and like most people the first board I found was Startrek.com, it was great but after a week or two all of the "idiots" started to get on my nerves and I was about ready to give up on finding a good online board. That's when I descoverd startrekfans.net. This board is great! The people who post are smart and it is the first time in my life that I've felt like I have people that I can really talk about Star Trek with without boaring them. Thank you so much for starting a great board!

OMG, This is the first time I have ever seen the old board. Seeing them I have even more respect, if that is possible, for you VBG. You have done such and excellant job.

OMG, This is the first time I have ever seen the old board. Seeing them I have even more respect, if that is possible, for you VBG. You have done such and excellant job.

Yeah, it's like going back to the house you grew up in, everythings smaller. VBG has done a fantastic job with this, even though he could be making money off this potential cash cow it could be, but he has chosen not to take that road, like some other sites. Look at every thing we get, and the things he keeps adding, he does this out of his pocket and in his free time, the MODs do their job on their own time, and don't ask for anything in return. This site has come along way, it gets better every day, and hasn't even been around six months. There's still much history to be made here folks. :o

Holy Cow, that is a BIG difference!

This one had a heck of a lot more style. I love the way this one looks and the way it works is so much better than ST.com.

Way to go, VBG! :o