Sign in to follow this  
APW

Dr.Pulaski

Was it just me,or did Dr.Pulaski irritate you,too?

I can't say why exactly,but I never liked this character...she just got under my skin.She just seemed so...I don't know,exactly...full of s**t,I guess...and I hated her attitude toward Data (thinking he was just a fancy machine and incapable of true sentience).Granted,she was an excellent physician and surgeon...still,I cheered when Beverly Crusher returned in season-3 and Pulaski was given her walking papers. :tear:

I have to say that I prefered Kate Pulaski as she had an interesting character that allowed Data to be explored further. Also, by the end she was one of Data's closest friends and seemed to respect him all the more for their experiences together.

If they ever make a film about Riker's ship I hope she is the MD.

I prefered Dr.Crusher :lol: she was in my mind alot nicer to the other crew members, not like Dr.Pulaski who was horrible to the crew especialy Data :tear:

I for one am glad she left. :(

I'll just add that I am fairly sure that I am in the minority on this board!  :bow:

Ahhhhm... not all all :(

I liked her, too (though I did NOT like the way she treated Data). I liked her arguments with Jean-Luc. :(

Okay, the producers brought her up to bring some "Bones" - feeling into TNG. But I really think she was a good medical officer and a good character (I LOVED "Elementary, Dear Data" when she drank tee with Moriarty :lol: ).

I think she is way better than Dr. Crusher :lol: But I am sure everyone will hunt me now... :tear:

*runs away and hides somewhere* :)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I thought Akte was excellent, though, I like Crusher as well! Kate was just so dynamic! Maybe she seemed so because she was only on the show for a season. Why was she on the show anyhow?

Comparring Season 1 Dr. Crusher and Season 2 Dr. Pulaski, I enjoyed both characters equally. While Dr. Pulaski was only a recurring character, I allways suspected that she'd be a main character for Season 3 had the fans not disliked her and wanted Dr. Cruser back. A shame Dr. Pulaski just "vanished" without a goodbye episode, but then again, changes to TNG durring the early days were very sudden and without explanation like Geordi going from helmsman to chief engineer. :tear:

Hmm do you think I like Pulaski???

<------------------- :(

Other than that I have no comment simply because I have stated what I think on other threads before... :tear:

I liked Kate Pulaski as well. I agree with TransporterMalfunction's comments about the way she pushed Data's development. I also agree that a friendship did grow between the two which is certainly evident in The Measure of a Man. She was one of the participants at Data's first poker game and was at the going away party.

I also like that she was more of a recurring character as there were a few episodes of TNG in which the writers seemed to "force" reasons for Dr. Crusher to be there.

Stardate:213693.6

I hated that stupid (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't).Thats all im going to say :borg2:

I also like that she was more of a recurring character as there were a few episodes of TNG in which the writers seemed to "force" reasons for Dr. Crusher to be there.

Oh? I thought Dr. Crusher was absent from Season 2 aside from "The Child".

I think Takara did not mention a particular season and that she was commenting on the fact that the character of Doctor Pulaski more easily fitted into plotlines than Crusher. In effect she broke into the circle of major characters such as Picard and Data.

Oh? I thought Dr. Crusher was absent from Season 2 aside from "The Child".

Dr. Crusher was not in The Child. That was Dr. Pulaski's first episode on TNG and the season opener for season 2.

Stardate:213693.6

I hated that stupid (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't).Thats all im going to say :bow:

A bit harsh,but I agree with the sentiment.There was something about her personality that I couldn't put my finger on,but it rubbed me the wrong way.Its like when you are introduced to somebody,and for no apparent reason,and through no obvious fault of their own,you just don't like them.That's the way it is with me,concerning Katherine Pulaski.I don't even like reading about her in the novels.My mother,a believer in reincarnation(I am not),says that when such an incident happens it means that the people involved were old enemies from their "past lives".That's one theory,I guess.

Edited by captainfreeman

At first I liked the interaction between Data and Pulaski, and her evolution from perceiving Data as just a machine to the realization that he was much more than that. (I especially enjoyed when she mispronounced his name and when she claimed that it didn't matter, he responded "One is my name, the other is not." :bow:)

However, for some reason, I did not enjoy the actress in that role. Diana Muldaur had two wonderful roles in TOS, as Dr. Ann Mulhall in "Return to Tomorrow" and Dr. Miranda Jones in "Is There in Truth No Beauty." I much preferred her in those roles over Dr. Pulaski.