Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Kira Nerys

I know this sounds like a silly question..Recently I've really been enjoying watching these DS9 DVDs of mine..It's new to me.. :tear: ..Something I've been wondering is what's her first name..I always thought Kira was her first name..But everybody calls her Major Kira and the opening credits list her as Major Kira..Doesn't that suggest that Kira is her last name...( ie..Captain Sisko--Benjamin Sisko..) On the show I have heard her called just Kira or just Nerys..Or of course Major Kira..

Any thoughts anybody..

Yes, and only a very close friend (Very close) calls a Bajoran by their first name. So near the end of the series Odo would call her Nerys but Ezri would call her Kira.

Or if there is a very personal moment, where more personal emotion is intended in the statement then the person talking to her might call her Nerys rather then Kira.

Yes, and only a very close friend (Very close) calls a Bajoran by their first name. So near the end of the series Odo would call her Nerys but Ezri would call her Kira.

Or if there is a very personal moment, where more personal emotion is intended in the statement then the person talking to her might call her Nerys rather then Kira.

I just watched 'Starship Down' for the first time last night..At the very end Sisko calls her Nerys at the very end of the show when he asks her to go to a baseball game with him..That's what really brought about my question...Now I know..Thanks..

I just watched 'Starship Down' for the first time last night..At the very end Sisko calls her Nerys at the very end of the show when he asks her to go to a baseball game with him..That's what really brought about my question...Now I know..Thanks..

Starship Down was a good episode, I loved Quark in that episode too and it's always great to see James Cromwell show up as different aliens.

Yeah, this was explained in the episode of TNG when Ro Laren and the Bajorians were first introduced. I don't remember the name of the episode though.

Yeah, this was explained in the episode of TNG when Ro Laren and the Bajorians were first introduced.  I don't remember the name of the episode though.

I believe that was "Ensign Ro"