Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Tim Russert Dies At 58

NBC's Tim Russert Dies at 58

AP

Posted: 2008-06-13 16:03:24

Filed Under: TV News, Nation News

WASHINGTON (June 13) - Tim Russert, host of NBC's "Meet the Press" and its Washington bureau chief, collapsed and died at work Friday after suffering an apparent heart attack. He was 58.

Russert, of Buffalo, N.Y., took the helm of the Sunday news show in December 1991 and turned it into the most widely watched program of its type in the nation. His signature trait there was an unrelenting style of questioning.

Washingtonian magazine once dubbed Russert the best journalist in town, and described "Meet the Press" as "the most interesting and important hour on television.

He also wrote best-selling books, "Big Russ and Me," in 2004, and "Wisdom of our Fathers," in 2006.

This year, Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world.

Russert also was a senior vice president at NBC.

I am really shocked and saddened at this! I watch "Meet The Press" every week. He was always so energetic and full of life. He will really be missed!....RIP

I saw this today shocked the hell out of me! He was overseas for his sons graduation party I heard, and just a few days from fathers day, I feel bad for him and his family!

There has been major coverage of this story today and tonight. I'm still watching the CNN coverage. Russert was certainly well respected by his peers and by politicians, pundits, & Washington insiders. He will be missed!

extremely sad when I heard the news. A great man and a picture of how we should live and see life. I think that even more after hearing all of the stories about his attitude towards family