Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Producers VS. Fans

Is it just me, or do fans in recent years freak out and boycott the newer Treks if they don't meet their expectations? I've seen fans that act like they own the show. Fortunately we have no one here, but there are a lot of fans out there that act like this.

What do you think, should the fans keep quiet and let the producers produce their own show or do you think the fans should have a say?

Me, I think the fans should just sit back and enjoy the show and let the producers and so forth produce their show. :clap:

Me, I think the fans should just sit back and enjoy the show and let the producers and so forth produce their show. :clap:

I Agree.

Some People Tend To Over React

I Think Each Show Has Something Different To Offer Everyone

I think the fans should be free to express their views and opinions, and to some extent TPTB may be swayed and influenced by such input. But in the end, the producers should have the final say.

Whatever the final product is, you're not gonna be able to please everybody. And for those who don't like it, I wish they just would just change the channel and shutup so the rest of us can enjoy it.

I think the fans should be able to voice their opinion on shows,but not to go too overboard with it.

I agree with the fact that some fans do freak out and start writing to the producers,I think thats a bit over the top.

I think the producers are doing a very good job on Enterprise so I have no complaints.

In my experience I have been hooked on TOS and TNG and would watch every episode, with the later series I found them less enjoyable and ended up watching less regularly, however this was not a boycott, just that I found some less appealing than others. With Enterprise all the excitement of sitting down and watching the show has come back.

Enterprise is the best Trek since TNG IMO.

The new direction ENT is taking shows the "fans" have won the first battle. My question is, are the changes made to ENT so far enough to calm the disgruntled masses or will they continue the Campaign until they have destroyed ENT.

I agree with Alterego. If you claim to be a fan of a franchise, you should NOT organize an entire campaign trying to change it. To me, that's not the definition of a "fan".

Star Trek has gotten so big and has so many aspects that it is going to be impossible to please every single person who watches or has watched at some point. It is possible to be a fan of certain series, or certain movies, and have a dislike for others. But those who complain because they don't like one of the series are detrimental to the franchise as a whole.

Those people who are trying to dictate in which direction Trek should go will only succeed in destroying it.

Are there "masses" or just a few loud people? I don't think you can really get the whole picture by looking at a show from just 1 or 2 seasons. Especially of those 1 or 2 seasons are the first 2.

I say wait till year 7 is complete. Then if the show took the "wrong" course complain.

Are there "masses" or just a few loud people? I don't think you can really get the whole picture by looking at a show from just 1 or 2 seasons. Especially of those 1 or 2 seasons are the first 2.

I say wait till year 7 is complete. Then if the show took the "wrong" course complain.

Agreed VBG!

I want to sit back and enjoy where the show will take me. With just two seasons under it's belt ENT still has a long way to develop, explore possibilities, make continuity links with the "future", and keep getting better and better in general. I think ENT is a good show that keeps improving. TNG didn't begin to hit its stride until the third season, so give ENT some time. I think perhaps people are eager for ENT to make the connections with the other Treks too quickly. Every time something seems to be slightly out of sync, folks want to jump all over it.

GIVE ENT SOME TIME TO GROW. I'm sure TPTB have some general outline for the series run, and we won't see how ENT and the other Treks fit together until the end of ENT's series run.

Power down you warp nacelles and photon torpedos, cruise on impulse for awhile, and enjoy!

It seems that back in the days of TOS and TNG, fans cheered at the end of a TOS movie and made sure to watch the show. Now days, fans complain, complain, complain. If these people are "fans" of the show/s, why on Earth do they complain so much?

This is how I see it: If a show bothers you or the quallity has gone down enough for you to complain episode after episode, why not stop watching and find a new TV show more toward your likeing, eh?

Agreed VBG!

I want to sit back and enjoy where the show will take me. With just two seasons under it's belt ENT still has a long way to develop, explore possibilities, make continuity links with the "future", and keep getting better and better in general. I think ENT is a good show that keeps improving. TNG didn't begin to hit its stride until the third season, so give ENT some time. I think perhaps people are eager for ENT to make the connections with the other Treks too quickly. Every time something seems to be slightly out of sync, folks want to jump all over it.

GIVE ENT SOME TIME TO GROW. I'm sure TPTB have some general outline for the series run, and we won't see how ENT and the other Treks fit together until the end of ENT's series run.

Power down you warp nacelles and photon torpedos, cruise on impulse for awhile, and enjoy!

Stardate:213685.9

Thats exactly what i tell people.Enterprise is just starting give it time!!!I remember when DS9 first came out i didnt really like it in the first two seasons either but it turned out to be a damn good show and worthy of the Star Trek name.Enterprise IMO will do the same to those who are skeptical

I think fans should be free expresstheir opinions but it shouldn't be taken too far. I also think that tptb should be more willing to listen to the more reasonable of the fans suggestions. I agree that Enerprise is just statrting and should be given the chance to develope but listening to some fan input would be beneficial becuse at present I don't thimk Berman listens to us at all.

people take the show waaaayyyyy tooooo seriously as a life of its own instead of good entertainment. i love startrek, and tos, ds9, and ent the best tng was ok, and i really didnt like voyager. so what did i do, i watched ds9, tos, and ocaisonaly tng, i got excited, and still do anytime i hear about a new trek movie coming out, or a new series coming out, as i was and am with ent. imo if you dont like a show dont watch it. its definately not something to just rant and rant and rant and complain about. yeah everyone has a right to their own opinion, but come on now, be a little realistic.