Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Brazil Inmate HAd $173K, Guns, TV, Fridge In Cell

Brazil inmate had $173K, guns, TV, fridge in cell

AP

Posted: 2008-06-03 20:01:44

SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) - The luxurious lifestyle of a convict in northeastern Brazil has come to an abrupt end after police confiscated a plasma TV set, gym equipment, two pistols and cash worth $173,000 from his cell, officials said Tuesday.

Bahia's Prison Affairs Department head Jose Francisco Leite said police raided the cell Monday in a statewide crackdown on drug trafficking.

He said Tuesday authorities have ordered an investigation of how of Genilson Lins da Silva got 280,000 reals ($173,000), two .38-caliber pistols and other amenities into his cell at the Bahia's Lemos Brito Penitentiary. Silva is serving 28 years for robbery and murder and was transferred to another prison.

Leite says Silva "led a posh prison life in his cell, which he occupied all by himself."

:sweatdrop:

Sounds like he did not have any reason to want to leave. From the way the article reads he was living the good life, great income no bills free room and board.

Not too surprising. Lets face it, with his drug connections I am surprised that he was even brought down for any of this. The only question I have is - how come he didn't have any of those curvy Brasilenas 'visiting' him on visitation day??? :sweatdrop:

i think criminals in prison nowadays think it's a holiday camp but having guns in his cell thats going a bit to far.

Edited by rob39874