Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Indy 4 reviews and updated rankings

Loved it! Kingdom is, based on first impressions; my new favorite Indy film.

Review: (I tried to keep it spoiler free)

I was worried at the start, the film seemed to be doing some stupid things, causing me to fear this one was gonna suck. But then Indy appears and seems to look right at me and sensing my reservations says without saying a word; Trust me, you're going like this. And I did.

It combined history, myths and mystery's in some unexpected ways and while it didn't always jive with my ideas about some things it explores neither did it attempt to cram it's ideas down my throat. It was very willing to say; this is just one possible explanation for things you've heard, you can accept it or reject it but I hope you were entertained either way, and I was.

It wasn't as epic feeling as Raiders, but it had a fast pace which kept sweeping me along. It seemed to know when it was getting long in tooth, suddenly the gears would shift and away we'd go again and away I go to see it again. Well done Spielberg!

My new Indy film rankings:

1. Kingdom

2. Raiders

3. Crusade

4. Temple

You know, I loved the first one. Didn't really care for the second one and liked the 3rd one a lot. For the 4th one I've just had zero interest, haven't even felt like downloading it lol.

I have to chime in here to say that the new Indiana Jones movie is just great and is a must see! Much better than the 2nd movie and on a par with the 3rd.

I too thought Indy IV is a geat movie and a 'must see'..In fact I've been thinking about going to see it a second time..I probably won't do that but that's how much I like the movie..It's going to be a long wait for the DVD..I rank the movie at # 2 behind 'Raiders'..

I loved the indiana jones film so much that I got the video boxset when it came out years ago. Loves Raiders, Temple was rubbish but liked the other one but in England it has only been on the cinema a couple of weeks and I have no interest. Even the trailer didn't impress I think Harrison Ford has become to old to play Dr Jones

I loved the indiana jones film so much that I got the video boxset when it came out years ago. Loves Raiders, Temple was rubbish but liked the other one but in England it has only been on the cinema a couple of weeks and I have no interest. Even the trailer didn't impress I think Harrison Ford has become to old to play Dr Jones

You should give it a try. I think you will be impressed. Ford definitely does not look his age in this film. It is not a factor at all.

oh well that was a major feature for me and I never did get into the young indiana jones films that were released straight to dvd/video. I may actually see it or download it now

I saw the new Indiana Jones movie tonight. I enjoyed it a lot and agree with AE and Kor on lots of points. Nice nods to Dr. Brody and to Indy's dad. The chase around the university was pretty fun. Mutt was a good character and it's nice to see Karen Allen again. If you've hestitated seeing it, I recommend you give it a try. It's fun to see on the big screen!

Indiana Jones movies are really meant to be seen on the big screen.

I saw the first 2 on the big screen, Raiders was awesome. Temple... meh. The 3rd one came out (if I remember right) while I was in the Army and I just didn't have time to go see it. Now, after 20 some years I just don't have the inclination to go to the movies unless it's something I REALLY want to see. Which isn't very often.

The last movie that I can think of that I went to was "Invincible", which was because I'm a huge Eagles fan and actually remember Vince Papale (barely).

One thing that kind of put me off on wanting to go see it was learning that they digitally created the jungle as opposed to actually filming in one. Next thing you know they'll be digitally creating the actors too.

One thing that kind of put me off on wanting to go see it was learning that they digitally created the jungle as opposed to actually filming in one. Next thing you know they'll be digitally creating the actors too.

I never knew they did that and to be honest with you, I never noticed. They must have done a really good job!

I saw it Yesterday its pretty good, I gottasay my 2nd fav. behind the last one, I like the whole Scifi aspect to it, you all should go and see it if you havent

after seeing the movie yesterday I want to get the DVD Box set now, the only original 3 I didnt really care much for was Temple of Doom

SPOILER!!!

Did anyone else notice during a jeep/truck chase in the jungle on an overhead shot what looked like tracks or rails that the vehicles were running on? That put me off slightly and reminded on the ore car race in Temple of doom, but some others said they didn't notice

I didn't notice that.

I remember a scene in Raiders, when Indy is face to face with the Cobra, I see a reflection of the snake on the piece of glass separating them.

SPOILER!!!

Did anyone else notice during a jeep/truck chase in the jungle on an overhead shot what looked like tracks or rails that the vehicles were running on? That put me off slightly and reminded on the ore car race in Temple of doom, but some others said they didn't notice

The jungle scenes were all CG, so they weren't really in a jungle.

Ok, I finally watched the movie. It was "ok", on my ranking list though I'd put it at #3 behind Raiders and Grail but above Temple.

I thought they went a bit overboard on some of the effects and the truck chase scene in the "jungle" really looked fake to me. The acting was good and the story was interesting but I just think they tried too hard to make it "exciting" and were a bit cheap on the budget by making a fake, computerized jungle.

All in all though it was "ok".