Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

14 Tons Of Oreo Cookies Snarl Ill. Traffic

14 tons of spilled Oreo cookies snarl Ill. traffic

AP

Posted: 2008-05-19 09:02:10

MORRIS, Ill. (AP) - Police say a trailer loaded with 14 tons of double-stuffed Oreos has overturned, spilling the cookies still in their plastic sleeves into the median and roadway.

Illinois State Police Sgt. Brian Mahoney says the truck's driver was traveling from Chicago to Morris on Interstate 80 around 4 a.m. Monday when he fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into the median.

"The boxes came out of the trailer and boxes were ripped open," he said.

The crash about 50 miles southwest of Chicago remains under investigation.

Mahoney says no charges have been filed but both lanes of traffic remain closed while authorities remove the cookies.

Note to Lizzy: If TJ Hawk shows up at your door with a present of cookies and a gallon of milk, now you know where he got them from......... :laugh:

14 tons of spilled Oreo cookies snarl Ill. traffic

AP

Posted: 2008-05-19 09:02:10

MORRIS, Ill. (AP) - Police say a trailer loaded with 14 tons of double-stuffed Oreos has overturned, spilling the cookies still in their plastic sleeves into the median and roadway.

Illinois State Police Sgt. Brian Mahoney says the truck's driver was traveling from Chicago to Morris on Interstate 80 around 4 a.m. Monday when he fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into the median.

"The boxes came out of the trailer and boxes were ripped open," he said.

The crash about 50 miles southwest of Chicago remains under investigation.

Mahoney says no charges have been filed but both lanes of traffic remain closed while authorities remove the cookies.

Note to Lizzy: If TJ Hawk shows up at your door with a present of cookies and a gallon of milk, now you know where he got them from......... :whistling:

unfortunatly....i was still recovering from working security from working Anime Central Covention over the weekend....if i could of made it...and grabbed the damn cookies, it would of been double-stuffed lol...not to mention i forgot my guns in my luggage bag.

Edited by tj_hawk

Is it true that the driver said, "Sorry, but stuff happens!" :love:

Did the officers "remove the cookies" straight into their squad cars? :whistling:

Edited by trekz