Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Do you feel sorry for these kids

foxnews

Some people were discussing this at work today - aside from the fact that after 17 kids the baby would probably slide right out with a good sneeze - this just seems to be overdoing it a bit.

I watched a program about this family once - they obviously have some money and the father was once in the state legislature. I'm sure the kids are well cared for and loved but for some reason I feel sad for them. I feel bad for the kids that they're the topic of dismay and office chit chat - that they're broadcast over television without them being able to understand what the world is thinking of them.

I also feel sorry for them that not only are they homeschooled but mom teaches their music lessons and they hold church in their living room so their home is their entire world. I have nothing against home schooling as long as there are some other outlets. Still, I guess they're better off than a lot of other kids - still it just seems a little too odd to me.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

TUH, I agree with your concerns about homeschooling and lack of contact with other kids and families. I wonder if they go to the public library or the park district? I wonder if the children will go to college?

Big families used to be more common generations ago. My great grandmother on my fathers side had 11 children, eight of whom lived to adulthood. There were 20 years between the oldest, and the youngest - who was my grandfather.

I would think the cost of raising that many children would awfully high for most families.