Sign in to follow this  
therabidirishman

2003 QQ47

I just read over reuters news wire that the Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research Program has detected an asteroid,catalogged as 2003 QQ47 on a direct heading for Earth.Early speculation is that this large asteroid may impact Earth on or around March,21st,2014.The impact will have the same effect as the detonation of 20 MILLION Hiroshima-type atom bombs,and will devastate the planet,and possibly bring human civilization to the same sorry end as the dinosaurs.Numerous of the world's leading authorities on near-earth objects and spacial bodies are now studying the approach of 2003 QQ47,hoping that further study may show that this asteroid will in fact pass near Earth,but miss colliding with the planet.

That's it,we're dead.No Bruce Willis to save us from this real world Armaggedon!No starship Enterprise to tractor this out of our way..... :bow:

Edited by therabidirishman

Early speculation is that it has less than 1:900 000 chance of hitting us and even this will likely become less probable as it approaches and we get more information about it's trajectory. Maybe I should get into the asteroid insurance gig.

"Protect your loved ones in the case of a global disaster. Get your asteroid insurance today. Don't be the only one on the block unprotected. Special discounts available for people on the same continent. Prices vary by probability of impact."

I caught the tail end of the story on the news.

therabidirishman, could you please suppy a link to the story you read?

I'm going to check the cable news websites for links and add them here.

CNN

A story that rules out any danger.

Edited by Alterego

I heard them talking about it on the radio this morning. I remember thinking about putting together a survivors kit grocery list for March 20th 2014: get beer,get canned goods, get beer, toilet paper, oh yeah and get beer!

If its the end of the human race I want to go happy! :bow:

Yeah I read about that too. It's actually a rather common occurance I believe. We just don't have theresources to detect the other asteroids that come close to hitting earth... and in this case, close really isn't all that close.

I had a dream once where I was talking to God and asked him, "When am I going to die?" He said, "2014".

Sorry, but I did not think to ask him about the rest of you (selfish, I know). :lol:

We just don't have the resources to detect the other asteroids that come close to hitting earth...

Sadly, finding new ones are simply strokes of good luck, someone looks in the right place at the right time and bam, new asteroid, I wish something could be done about that or it will get us eventually. Thankfully, there quite a few resources devoted to tracking known objects, more than I thought there were until I did some serious looking...

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/risk/2003qq47.html

Admiral Pee Wee doesn't worry about asteroids!

:hug:

Jaambi will save us!Now,repeat after me boys and girls:

"Meka leka hi,meka hiney ho!"

:lol:

:lol:

:hug:

Who the heck is Jaambi? ^_^

WHAAAATTT!You've never watched PeeWee's Playhouse?

Jaambi is a genie!He's a floating head that lives in a box on a shelf and grants PeeWee a wish a day!But,you have to repeat the chant....

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho!

^_^

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho! I wish to produce a Trek series

:lol: :hug: ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

^_^

^_^

Who the heck is Jaambi? :lol:

WHAAAATTT!You've never watched PeeWee's Playhouse?

Jaambi is a genie!He's a floating head that lives in a box on a shelf and grants PeeWee a wish a day!But,you have to repeat the chant....

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho!

^_^

I used to watch Pee-Wee's Playhouse when I was very little, however, all the good shows are on cable and all the junk shows are on broadcast. :hug: